20 February, 2017

On The Weekend



Every now and then I get the chance to get out of town for a weekend. I will always be visiting Mexico City over and over again, the reasons to do it have changed over the past months but one thing is sure: I never get tired of it. 

De vez en cuando tengo la oportunidad de salir de la ciudad por un fin de semana. Siempre estaré visitando la Ciudad de México una y otra vez, las razones por hacerlo han cambiado en los últimos meses pero una cosa es segura: nunca me canso de ella. 




Jacket: Forever21 | Shoes and Leggings: Zara | Shirt: H&M


When I arrived to a friend's apartment I realized I had left home half of my clothes. Lucky for me that I was attending a Forever 21 Showroom and picked a few clothes from the upcoming collection. I paired up all the new pieces with the few clothes that I had with me and came up with my weekend outfits. 

Cuando llegué al departamento de un amigo me di cuenta de que había dejado la mitad de mi ropa en casa. Por suerte para mí, iba en camino hacia un Showroom de Forever 21 y escogí algunas prendas de la colección por venir. Acompañé todas las piezas nuevas con la poca ropa que traía y así formé mis atuendos del fin de semana. 


Blouse: Shein | Pants: Forever2 | Bag: Zara



I had lunch and a few drinks at Hotel Casa Awolly with a fellow blogger whom I had only had conversations with through email. I find it quite fun to have new ways of making friends, especially ones with the same interests as you. 

Salí a comer y tomar unas bebidas a Hotel Casa Awolly con una compañera blogger que sólo había conocido por medio de conversaciones por correo. Me gusta saber que hay nuevas maneras de hacer amigos, en especial los que tienen los mimos gustos que tú. 


Crop Top: Forever21 | Bag, Culottes, and Shoes: Zara



My friend Jorge is always a fun person to be with. Not only because he shot these great outfit photos but because he is very easy going (and trendy, look at him). He showed me around his new neighborhood with long walks that ended with food, what else could you ask for?

Mi amigo Jorge es una persona con la que me divierte estar. No sólo porque me toma estas fotos tan padres de mis atuendos pero también porque es muy fácil de llevarse con él (y tiene estilo, véanlo) Me enseñó los alrededores de su nuevo departamento con caminatas largas que terminaban con comida, ¿qué más se puede pedir? 





I strolled around the city with a friend and this gorgeous Benefit pink suitcase after filming a fun video about our brows, a little hint: we're not using a mirror! It should be up soon on the Benefit Cosmetics Mexico Instagram in case you want to check it out. 

Caminé por la ciudad con un amigo y esta hermosa maleta rosa de Benefit después de grabar juntos un video acerca de nuestras cejas, una pequeña pista: ¡no usamos espejo! Debe estar publicado pronto en el Instagram de Benefit Cosmetics México en caso de que quieran verlo. 




I finished the night again with more food, this time it was Thai. I must admit that I was supposed to be dieting but I cheated every single day and I don't regret it. One of the things that I love the most about this city is the variety of food it offers to those of us who are not the biggest meat fanatics. The next morning I immediately headed over to my favorite restaurant with my friend Polo after landing home, just like we do every Sunday. There is something about this place that I will never find anywhere else, especially my favorite thing in the menu: Chilaquiles. 

Terminé la noche con más comida, esta vez fue Thai. Debo admitir que se supone que estaba haciendo dieta pero hice trampa todos los días y no me arrepiento. Una de las cosas que más amo de esta ciudad es la variedad de comida que ofrece a quienes no somos tan fanáticos de la carne. La mañana siguiente fui inmediatamente a mi restaurante favorito con mi amigo Polo después de haber llegado a casa, justo lo que hacemos cada domingo. Hay algo de este lugar que no encuentro en otra parte, en especial mi platillo favorito del menú: Chilaquiles. 


Sweater: H&M | Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters


the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.