23 February, 2017

3 Quick And Easy Hairstyles



Hair is something I never spend too much time on. The truth is I'm not very skilled when it comes to french braids, or fancy updos, so I always wear my hair down or up in a bun/ponytail. My holy grail tool is a flat iron, which allows me to create my basic looks in a matter on minutes. 

El pelo es algo en lo que nunca paso mucho tiempo. La verdad es que no tengo mucha habilidad cuando se trata de trenzas francesas o recogidos sofisticados, así que siempre llevo mi pelo suelto o en un chongo/coleta. Mi herramienta esencial es una plancha, la cual me ayuda a crear looks básicos en cuestión de minutos. 




I was sent over this amazing Irresistible Me Diamond Flat Iron back in November or so. It was just about the time when I dyed my hair black again and chopped about 6 inches off. I have very thick hair, it's more likely that any hairstyle will loosen up within a couple of hours. What I love about this flat iron is that it has different levels of intensity. I usually set it to 320 degrees and that straightens my hair immediately, as well as giving me a natural but defined curl. 

Me enviaron esta padrísima Plancha de Pelo Diamond de Irresistible Me casi por noviembre. Acababa de pintarme el pelo negro otra vez y cortarme 15cm. Tengo pelo muy grueso, lo más probable es que cualquier peinado se me suelte después de un par de horas. Lo que más me gusta de esta plancha es que tiene diferentes niveles de intensidad. Normalmente yo la pongo en 320 grados y eso me plancha el pelo inmediatamente, así como me da un rizo natural pero definido. 


My natural hair | Mi pelo natural


SHARP AND STRAIGHT




This is my signature look, to be honest. Straight, sleek hair and sharp ends. I don't think there is a hairstyle that fits me better than this. The best part is how quick it is. I normally divide my hair in two sections and start with the parts from the back working my way to the front. I always use my brush as I straighten it to separate the hairs and make things even faster. This never takes me more than 10 min. 

Este look es mi firma, para ser honesta. Cabello liso y pulido y puntas afiladas. Pienso que no hay otro estilo que me quede mejor que esto. La mejor parte es lo rápido que es. Normalmente divido mi pelo en dos secciones y empiezo con las partes de atrás hasta llegar a lo de en frente. Siempre uso mi cepillo mientras lo plancho para separar el pelo y hacer todo aún más rápido. Esto nunca me toma más de 10 min.  



CAREFREE NATURAL WAVES




If I'm having a more important event that requires more effort from me I'll definitely go for curls. I have tried countless curling wands and the results are not my favorite. Achieving natural waves with a flat iron is much easier and I've realized that they last for a longer time, especially with a higher temperature. The trick is to flip the hair outwards and slide down the iron, using the other hand to keep pushing the hair back. It's a quick process but I'm still learning so it takes a bit longer than usual.

Si tengo un evento más importante que requiere más esfuerzo de mi parte, definitivamente me voy por ondas. He probado miles de rizadoras y los resultados no son mis favoritos. Obtener ondas naturales con un a plancha es mucho más fácil y he me doy cuenta que duran más, en especial con la temperatura un poco más alta. El truco es voltear el pelo hacia afuera y deslizar la plancha hacia abajo, usando la otra mano para seguir empujando el pelo hacia atrás.  Es un proceso rápido pero aún estoy aprendiendo a hacerlo, así que me toma un poco más. 





THE ONLY UPDO THAT I CAN DO WITHOUT PINS OR HAIR TIES



Yes, you read correctly. No bobby pins, no ties, no nothing. The place where any object to hold out hair in place go to will always remain a mystery. Here's how I learned to do it. A long time ago I was at a party in the middle of summer with the longest that my hair has ever been and I really needed to pull it up. Before checking if I had a tie in my bag I started twisting my hair as if I was to do a bun. I then realized that I didn't have anything to hold it so it occurred to me, why not hold it with the hair itself? 

Sí, leyeron bien. Nada de broches, ni ligas, ni nada. El lugar a donde se van los objetos que sostienen nuestro pelo en su lugar siempre será un misterio. Aquí les digo cómo aprendí. Hace mucho tiempo estaba en una fiesta en la mitad del verano con lo más largo que he tenido mi pelo y de verdad necesitaba agarrarlo. Antes de checar si traía una liga en mi bolsa, empecé a torcerlo como si fuera a hacerme un chongo. Después me di cuenta de que no traía nada para agarrarlo y se me ocurrió: ¿por qué no usar el mismo pelo para eso? 





The process is very simple: just slide the bun underneath a chunk of hair from the top of your head and make sure it's tight enough so it can hold it correctly. You might need to practice a few times but I'm proud to say that I've mastered this technique and my updo lasts for as long as I want it to. I have even got compliments on how stylish it looks! It works better with longer hair and a bit of texture in it, so keep that in mind. 

El proceso es muy simple: solo pasa el chingo por debajo de un pedazo de pelo de la parte de arriba de tu cabeza y asegúrate de que esté lo suficientemente estirado como para sostenerlo bien. Necesitas practicar algunas veces pero me enorgullece decir que he dominado esta técnica y mi recogido dura por tanto yo quiera. ¡Incluso me han dado cumplidos de lo bien que se ve! Funciona mejor con cabello largo y un poco de textura en él, para que lo consideren. 




the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.