05 August, 2018

Visiting The Glossier Showroom in NYC

glossier showroom new york nyc noirette diary 1


It is no surprise that a beauty blogger is somehow drawn towards Glossier products. The brand screams perfection and we're all here for it. Last time I was in NYC I visited their showroom and went crazy with the products and did a little haul. 

No es sorpresa que una blogger de belleza sea de alguna manera atraída por los productos de Glossier. La marca grita perfección y todos estamos aquí por eso. La última vez que fui a NYC visité el showroom y me fui con todo sobre los productos y compré algunas cosas. 



glossier showroom new york nyc noirette diary 2

glossier showroom new york nyc noirette diary 3




glossier showroom new york nyc noirette diary 4
The whole experience is different than any other beauty store that I've been in. It's not just about shopping or swatching products. Glossier literally invites you to wash your face (with their products, obviously!) and get to hang out with the rest of the beauty junkies in there and try anything you want. You would think everyone is crazy picking up all the makeup they can but everyone was actually very calm, you could see that some of us were excited for being there for the first time but other people were just chatting and checking out new products. 

I forced my friend Esa Martínez (@esamtz) to wash her face and reapply her makeup using everything we had at our sight, of course I did too. I didn't have to insist much and she went in and washed her face on the cutest pink corner with the sink and skincare products. We both complimented our dewy and luminous complexion after spending about an hour in there. 


La experiencia entera es diferente a entrar a otra tienda de belleza en la que he estado. No se trata solo de comprar o probar productos. Glossier literalmente te invita a que laves tu rostro (con sus productos, ¡por supuesto!) y te pongas a platicar con el resto de las adictas de belleza que están ahí mientras te pruebas todo lo que quieras. Pensarías que todo mundo está loco tomando todo el maquillaje que pueden pero de hecho era un ambiente calmado, podías ver a algunos de nosotros emocionados por ser la primera vez pero otras personas estaban sólo platicando y viendo lo nuevo que hay. 

Forcé a mi amiga Esa Martínez (@esamtz) a lavarse la cara y volverse a maquillar con todo lo que teníamos a la vista, obvio yo también lo hice. No tuve que insistir mucho y ella misma comenzó a lavar su cara en la esquina rosa más linda con el lavabo y los productos de piel. Las dos nos chuleamos nuestros looks luminosos después de haber estado ahí casi una hora. 




glossier showroom new york nyc noirette diary 5

glossier showroom new york nyc noirette diary 6


I already knew I wanted to try a few more things, so I tried to use as many products as I could, especially the ones that I didn't already own to see if I could make my collection grow. With the launch of two new Cloud Paints, I immediately tried the darker pink shade and added it to my basket. 

Ya sabía que quería probar más cosas, así que traté de usar la mayor cantidad de productos que pudiera, en especial los que no tenía para ver si podría hacer crecer mi colección. Con el lanzamiento de dos nuevos Cloud Paints, inmediatamente me probé el tono rosa obscuro y lo agregué a mi canasta. 


glossier showroom new york nyc noirette diary 7


glossier showroom new york nyc noirette diary 8


I purchased the Invisible Shield Sunscreen, it is a 35 SPF that doesn't leave a white cast on the skin. I've been liking it but I don't think it's my favorite one ever. As I mentioned above, I added the new Cloud Paint in Storm, even though it's a dark tone you can apply it lightly to suit any Summer look. I also wanted to try one of the balms and I went for the Birthday Balm Dot Com, it has very subtle shimmer and it is just as thick as I like my lip balms to be. I've been wearing it every morning since then, definitely will try more of those! My last pick was just for curiosity, their recent launch, Lash Slick Mascara, seemed temptatious so I got one. It's not volumizing but it separates the lashes and adds some color to them for a natural, elongated lash look—perfect for everyday. 

Compré el Protector Solar Invisible Shield, es un FPS de 35 que no deja una capa blanca en la piel. Sí me ha gustado pero no creo que sea mi favorito de toda la vida. Como lo mencioné arriba también agregué el Cloud Paint en Storm, aunque es un color obscuro puedes aplicarlo ligeramente para que quede con cualquier look de verano. También quería probar uno de los bálsamos y opté por el Birthday Balm Dot Com, tiene brillo muy sutil y la consistencia justamente lo densa que me gusta que sean mis bálsamos. Lo he estado usando todas las mañanas desde entonces, ¡definitivamente tengo que probar más de esos! Mi última elección fue por pura curiosidad, su reciente lanzamiento, Lash Slick Mascara, se veía como algo tentador y decidí llevármela. No da volumen pero separa las pestañas y les añade algo de color para un look natural y alargado—perfecto para diario. 



glossier showroom new york nyc noirette diary 9


This is what my Glossier collection looks like so far (although I forgot to include my Haloscope in the photo). I'm looking forward to visiting their showroom again in a few days and trying more products, as well as repurchasing some that I'm almost out of and I love. The Priming Moisturizer Rich and Boy Brow are definitely on the backup list, as well as some Balms that I want to bring home. 

Así es como se ve mi colección de Glossier hasta ahora (aunque me faltó incluir mi Haloscope en la foto). Espero poder visitar otra vez el showroom en unos días y probar más productos, así como volver a comprar unos que ya casi se me terminan y los amo. El Priming Moisturizer Rich y Boy Brow definitivamente están en la lista de refuerzos, así como algunos bálsamos que quiero traerme. 


glossier showroom new york nyc noirette diary 10

the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.