03 August, 2017

Sparkly Lip Art: Urban Decay VICE Special Effects Lip Top Coats



Although I've been a lipstick fan for a long time, I haven't really put much attention to editorial looks on lips. When I tried these three Urban Decay Vice Special Effects Lip Top Coats I was so impressed with them that I wanted to create something different and play around more. 

Aunque he sido una fanática de los labiales por un largo tiempo, nunca le he puesto suficiente atención a los looks editoriales en los labios. Cuando probé estos tres Vice Special Effects Lip Top Coats de Urban Decay estaba súper impresionada con ellos que me dieron ganas de hacer algo diferente y jugar más. 






The texture is a little rough, I should say. You really do feel the glittery particles on the lips if you rub them together but if you apply a light coat on top of another lip product, it feels fine. In fact, you should apply these on top of something else. I wanted to swatch them separately to show them here but these products on their own are not very pretty to look at. That's why they're top coats. They give a beautiful metallic/holographic kind of look to the lips, turning any simple color into a statement lip. 

La textura es un poco áspera, debo decir. Sí puedes sentir las partículas de brillantina en los labios si los rozas entre sí, pero si aplicas una capa ligera encima de otro producto de labios, se siente bien. De hecho, debes aplicarlos encima de algo más. Quería enseñarles pruebas de colores de cada uno pero no son muy atractivos por sí solos. Por eso son top coats. Le dan a los labios un acabado tipo metálico/holográfico, convirtiendo cualquier color sencillo en unos labios statement




REVERB

I will start with my favorite lip art and my favorite lipstick. I love how the purple sparkles pop when the light hits it and how wearable it actually is. For this look I only applied it to the center of the lips, as if the glow was coming from the inside of my mouth. I added a little extra sparkle with the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Liquid Liner in Midnight Cowboy as a cupid's bow highlight and the line on the bottom lip. As a base color, I used a plum lipstick. 

Voy a comenzar con mi arte y labial favoritos. Me encanta cómo el brillo morado resalta cuando la luz lo toca y qué usable es. Para este look sólo lo apliqué en el centro de mis labios, como si el brillo saliera por dentro de mi boca. Agregué un poco de brillo adicional con el Heavy Metal Liquid Liner de Urban Decay en Midnight Cowboy como iluminador del corazón de la boca y la linea en el labio inferior. Como color de base, usé un labial ciruela. 




COPYCAT

If you're a red lip lover, this is the perfect way to give your standard lipstick a twist. I felt this one to be a bit creamier but that's probably because I added a lot. I painted my lips with a neutral red (you can see it peeking through the borders) and swept this top coat all over them. The shine was so intense that I got the idea of adding the black matte texture coming from within to counteract all the sparkle on the outside. Skip the black and you'll get pretty red and gold sparkly lips—Christmas, anyone? 

Si eres amante de los labios rojos, esta es la manera perfecta de darle a tu labial estándar un cambio. Siento que este estaba más cremoso que los demás pero probablemente es porque usé mucho. Pinté mis labios con un color rojo neutral (puedes ver un poquito en las orillas) y pasé este top coat encima de todo. El brillo era tan intenso que tuve la idea de agregar la textura matte negra viniendo desde adentro para contrarrestar el brillo de afuera. Sáltate el negro y tendrás unos lindos labios muy brillantes de rojo y dorado—Navidad, ¿alguien? 




LITTER

I know I said these are meant to be worn on top of something. Litter in particular seemed like a very unique color not to try it by its own. As a "base" I softly cleared my lips with concealer and covered them up with this beautiful white sparkle top coat with a soft pink and green holographic effect. The outcome incredible but I don't think this photo does any justice to it. I did try it with other products underneath and the green pops up quite bright with other colors. 

Ya sé que dije que estos fueron hechos para usarse encima de algo. Litter en particular parecía un color muy único como para no probarlo por sí mismo. Como "base" cancelé ligeramente mis labios con corrector y los cubrí con este top coat de brillos que tiene efecto holográfico de rosa claro y verde. El resultado fue increíble pero no creo que esta foto le haga justicia. Sí lo probé con otros productos como base y el verde resalta mucho ante otros colores. 




SHOP THIS POST



the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.