14 July, 2017

In Her Makeup Bag - BRUNETTE BRAID



Since I was little I always had a passion for fashion and photography, I grew up reading magazines, aspiring to be in them someday. I was raised in Puerto de Veracruz and moved to Puebla when I was 18 to study at Universidad de las Américas Puebla. Since I can remember, I had always wanted to study architecture, I think it's because I only liked to draw, after a while... I realized that the career was much more complex and different from what I thought. 

Desde pequeña siempre tuve una pasión por la moda y la fotografía, crecí leyendo revistas, aspirando algún día salir en ellas. Crecí en el Puerto de Veracruz y cuando tenía 18 años me mudé a Puebla para estudiar en la Universidad de las Américas Puebla. Desde que tenía memoria siempre quise estudiar Arquitectura, yo creo que porque sólo me gustaba dibujar, tiempo después … me di cuenta que la carrera era mucho más compleja y diferente a lo que esperaba. 




During that time I started my fashion and personal style blog Brunette Braid (@brunette_braid), a hobbie that up to this day has made me grow in a personal and professional way. Thanks to this I can say that I'm working on what I'm the most passionate about Architecture: visual identity and helping other girls to land their own projects through BR Workshops

Before university my skin simple existed, it was not important to me at all having greasy complexion, a few spots at that time of the month, and that was it. As I finished my career, I went through a rough phase with my skin; more precisely, an acne phase (which I blame on B Complex Vitamins, I don't recommend them!). After a year and a half of treatments, mi skin went back to normal, although this time I was more conscious about the products that I used and the makeup that I purchased. 



Durante ese lapso abrí mi blog de moda y estilo personal Brunette Braid (@brunette_braid) y al día de hoy ese 'hobbie' me ha hecho crecer de manera personal y profesional. Gracias a él puedo decir que estoy trabajando en lo que más me apasiona de la Arquitectura: la identidad visual y ayudo a otras chicas a aterrizar su proyecto personal mediante BR Workshops.

Antes de la universidad simplemente mi cutis existía, más no era importante para mí, una piel grasa, uno que otro granito en esos días del mes y hasta ahí. Cuando terminé la carrera, atravesé por una etapa muy fea en mi piel, o mejor dicho una etapa de acné (y culpo totalmente a las vitaminas con complejo B ¡no las tomen!). Después de un año y medio de tratamiento mi piel volvió a la normalidad, pero esta vez siendo más consciente de los productos que usaba y del maquillaje que compraba. 



These days I prefer to maintain a healthy skin instead of applying loads of makeup to hide my imperfections, so normally you will find these products in my makeup bag: 

Hoy en día prefiero tener un cutis sano a ponerme varias capas de maquillaje para ocultar las imperfecciones, así que normalmente en mi make-up bag siempre encontrarás los siguientes productos:



Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger
I always start my routine by applying concealer, just a few dots under my eyes, around my lips, on my nose, and lastly in every other spot that I have on my cheeks. 

Siempre empiezo mi rutina aplicando corrector, sólo unos pequeños puntos en las ojeras, en el contorno de los labios, nariz y por último en algunas pequeñas manchas que tengo en las mejillas.


Make-up Forever High Definition Powder
Most of the time I don't wear a base, because, well... I live in a very humid and warm weather. So I rather just seal my concealer with this powder for an every day basis. 

La mayoría del tiempo no uso base, porque bueno ... vivo en un clima muy húmedo y caluroso. Así que prefiero para el día a día sólo sellar el concealer con este polvo traslúcido.


Ka Brow! Cream Gel in no. 4
I cannot leave my house without filling in my brows, I feel that they instantly bring life to the eyes and my face changes a lot. 

No puedo salir de mi casa sin pintarme las cejas, siento que instantáneamente le dan vida al ojo y la cara cambia.



Maybelline Master Strobing Stick in Nude Glow
I've converted into a strobing fan, I love my skin looking radiant and, sincerely, I loved this product (!!). I apply it on my cheekbones, under the brows, and of course on the tip of my nose. 

Me he convertido en una fan del strobing, me encanta que la piel luzca radiante y sinceramente amé este producto (!!). Aplico en los pómulos, debajo de la ceja y por supuesto en la punta de la nariz.


Nars Blush/Bronzed Duo (Orgasm Blush & laguna Bronzing Powder)
I always add a bit of warmth to my face with the bronzer, which is also my favorite eyeshadow. I always apply small amount with my fingers onto my lids to add more depth to the eyes. Lastly, I add the blush to my cheeks. 

Siempre le doy un poco de calidez a mi cara con el bronceador además de que es mi sombra favorita también. Siempre aplico un poco con las yemas de los dedos para darle profundidad a mi ojo. Por último un poco de color en mis mejillas con el blush.


Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm
My lips tend to be quite dry and whenever I find a lip balm that fully hydrates them I will take it with me everywhere. Before applying any lipstick, I always add a small amount to hydrate the lips. 

Mis labios de por sí son muy resecos y cuando encuentro un bálsamo que humecte al 100% lo llevo conmigo a todos lados. Antes de ponerme un lipstick, siempre aplico una pequeña cantidad para hidratar mis labios.




Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Lolita II
Without a doubt, this is my favorite. I love the texture, the color looks very natural, and it lasts for ages. Whenever I want an even more effortless look I just apply a small amount on my bottom lip and blend it out with a finger. 

Este sin duda es mi favorito, amo la textura. El color luce muy natural y me dura mucho tiempo. Cuando quiero un look todavía más 'effortless', solo aplico una pequeña cantidad en los labios inferiores y lo difumino con mi dedo. 


Maybelline The Colossal Big Shot Waterproof Mascara
For my lashes, here's the thing: I wear extensions. I save a lot of time with this part and I can't wear makeup to the beach or to exercise so my face will always look different. But for my lower lashes, this mascara is what I've been wearing lately. I like to stick to waterproof formulas because, you know, humidity. 

Para las pestañas, aquí les va: uso extensiones. Siempre me ahorro mucho tiempo en esta parte y puedo no maquillarme para ir a la playa o hacer ejercicio y mi cara siempre lucirá diferente. Pero para las pestañas inferiores, este rimmel es el que estoy usando actualmente. Procuro que sea waterproof porque, ya sabes, la humedad. 


Boscia Black Charcoal Blotting Papers
These are a must-have in my makeup bag and wherever I go. This way I get rid of my oiliness and refresh my makeup. 

Estas son indispensables en mi bolso y a donde quiera que voy. Así elimino la sebosidad y le doy un refresh a mi maquillaje. 






Thanks a lot for getting all the way here. You can find me as @brunette_braid in all my social media. 
Love, Génesis. 

Muchas gracias por llegar hasta aquí. Puedes encontrarme como @brunette_braid en las redes sociales.
Un beso, Génesis. 



SHOP THIS POST





the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.