28 June, 2017

How To Grow Thick And Healthy Nails



Long before I even knew what makeup was, my very first love was nail polish. I remember being about 6 years old when I asked my mom if I could borrow a pink varnish from her vanity. Throughout all of these years I've learned the good and the bad when it comes to nails.

Mucho antes de que tuviera idea de lo que era el maquillaje, mi primer amor era el esmalte de uñas. Recuerdo tener como 6 años cuando le preguntaba a mi mamá si podía prestarme un esmalte rosa de su tocador. Durante todos estos años he aprendido lo bueno y lo malo cuando se trata de uñas. 




From the glitters of early teenage years to the nail art of the present decade, I can surely say that I've tried almost everything. And by almost I mean the things that I can remove at any given point because I've always been a fan of switching colors every 3-4 days. At the moment I wasn't aware of all the damage I was doing to them—they'll grow back, I thought. But over time I realized that treating them nicely would give me better results.

Desde los de diamantina de la adolescencia hasta el arte de uñas de esta década, puedo decir con seguridad que he probado casi todo. Y por casi me refiero a las cosas que puedo quitarme en cualquier momento porque siempre he sido fanática de cambiar de color cada 3 ó 4 días. En el momento no pensaba en el daño que les hacía—ya crecerán, pensaba. Pero con el tiempo me di cuenta de que tratándolas bien me darían mejores resultados.


SOUFEEL Black Leather Bracelet + Olive Brand Rose Gold Charm.
USE THE CODE SMH10 TO GET 10% OFF ON YOUR SOUFEEL PURCHASE.

+ Eating healthy is good for the body. Nails are mostly protein so add an extra amount on your daily portion if you want to grow them faster.
+ For my veggie friends, spinach and other greens (Vitamin A) will also work. I tend to avoid meats so I eat spinach every day and it works for me.
+ Always file your nails in the same direction when you're shaping them.
+ Instead of using regular nail clippers, use cosmetic scissors to cut out the shape that you want without breaking the nail.
+ Push your cuticles back when you're having a hot shower or bath. You can use your thumbs nails for this.
+ Cuticle oil is very recommended, especially if you have acrylic nails. I hardly ever use it but I always apply hand cream to my nail area thoroughly.
+ To avoid yellow stained nails use a base before your varnish, this coats the nail and protects it.
+ Another way to avoid the stain is to use acetone-free nail polish remover.
+ Using a very soft buffer, gently swipe on top of your nails to create an even surface. This makes them grow evenly and they're less likely to chip when they're longer.
+ If you want really long natural nails, go for almond shape. Square styles have more edges and they're more likely to break.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

+ Comer saludable es bueno para el cuerpo. Las uñas son mayormente proteína entonces agrega un monto extra a tu porción diaria si quieres que crezcan rápido.
+ Para mis vegetarianos, la espinaca y otras verduras en hoja (Vitamina A) también funcionan. Yo suelo evitar las carnes, así que como espinadas diario y me funciona.
+ Siempre lima tus uñas en un sentido cuando les estés dando forma.
+ En lugar de usar corta uñas, prueba cortarlas con tijeras cosméticas para darles la forma que quieres sin romper la uña.
+ Empuja tus cutículas hacia atrás cuando estés tomando un baño caliente. Puedes usar tus uñas pulgares para esto.
+ El aceite para cutícula es muy recomendado, en especial si tienes uñas de acrílico. Yo casi no lo uso pero siempre que me pongo crema de manos la esparzo por las uñas.
+ Para evadir las uñas manchadas de amarillo usa un esmalte de base antes de tu color para protegerlas.
+ Otra forma de evitarlo es quitándote el esmalte con un producto que no contenga acetona.
+ Con una lima para pulir pasa muy ligeramente por encima de tus uñas para dejar la superficie lisa. Esto las hace crecer de manera uniforme y es menos probable que se rompan al crecer.
+ Si quieres uñas largas naturales, opta por la forma de almendra. Las uñas cuadradas tienen más orillas y son fáciles de romper.



SHOP THIS POST & SIMILAR ITEMS


the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.