09 January, 2017

How To Keep Your Skin Hydrated In The Winter



The coldest time of the year has arrived for me and that can only mean dry skin and chapped lips, not to mention a cold that I've been carrying for a while. With the right products I manage to keep my skin looking soft and feeling very hydrated during this time.  

La temporada más fría del año ha llegado para mí y eso sólo puede significar piel seca y labios partidos, sin mencionar el resfriado que llevo cargando por un tiempo. Con los productos correctos mantengo mi piel luciendo suave y sintiéndose muy hidratada durante este tiempo.   





Of course drinking lots of water and a healthy food intake have a lot to do with the way our skin looks. However, sometimes we need a little extra help from the outside. My skin is normally dry so it tends to break into pieces when the temperature drops, especially because I live in a dry zone.  

Por supuesto que tomar mucha agua y llevar una dieta balanceada tienen mucho que ver con la forma en que nuestra piel luce. Sin embargo, a veces necesitamos un poco de ayuda adicional desde fuera. Mi piel es normalmente seca y tiende a romperse en pedazos cuando baja la temperatura, en especial porque vivo en una zona seca.   




To keep my whole complexion under control and hydrated I use the Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Gel-Crème in the daytime as my moisturizer. It has a thicker consistency than the original formula, thus more powerful. Gel creams have been my favorite because they leave the skin with a very smooth appearance without looking greasy or shiny. If I'm feeling way too dry, I apply the Lancôme Énergie de Vie Le Masque Nuit to let my skin absorb it as I sleep and wake up to a relieved and bright face. I used to skip eye cream a long time ago without realizing how important it is. I've been loving the Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream in this weather because it feels a little thick but it is absorbed quite fast, leaving a perfectly smooth surface for my eyeshadows. 

Para mantener mi complexión bajo control e hidratada, uso Moisture Surge Intense Gel-Crème de Clinique en el día como mi crema. Tiene una consistencia más densa que la fórmula original, siendo más potente. Las cremas en gel han sido mis favoritas porque dejan la piel con una apariencia muy suave sin verse brillosa o grasosa. Si siento mi piel muy seca, aplico Énergie de Vie Le Masque Nuit de Lancôme para dejar que mi piel lo absorba mientras duermo y despertar con un rostro brillante y descansado. Antes solía saltarme la crema de ojos sin darme cuenta de lo importante que es. He estado encantada con It's Potent Eye Cream de Benefit con este clima porque se siente un poco densa pero se absorbe rápido, dejando una superficie suave para mis sombras después. 




I'm actually a lip balm lover all year round but I find myself using them more often when I have hot drinks more often. My favorite ones are the Ellovi Lip Butters in Vanilla and Tinted, these are made from natural ingredients including coconut oil for an intense hydration. When I go out in the morning and don't feel like doing lipstick but not leaving the lips bare either, I use the Benefit Cha Cha Balm heavily. It gives the lips a juicy appearance with its slightly peachy tone and they feel really hydrated too. 

En realidad soy amante del bálsamo todo el año pero me doy cuenta que lo uso más cuando tomo bebidas calientes seguido. Mis favoritos son los Lip Butters de Ellovi en Vanilla y Tinted, estos están hechos con ingredientes naturales como aceite de coco para una hidratación intensa. Cuando salgo por las mañanas y no tengo ganas de usar labial pero tampoco dejar los labios sin algo, uso Cha Cha Balm de Benefit intensamente. Les da una apariencia jugosa con el tono melocotón que tiene y se sienten muy hidratados también. 





What products do you reach out for the most when it's cold?
¿Qué productos usan más cuando el clima está frío?

the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.