09 December, 2016

The Holiday Menu: My Staples



I know I'm not alone when I say that I immediately think of glitter and red lips when someone mentions the Holiday season. I'm not that much into glitter, though; but I do love to crack out the most sparkly eyeshadows in my stash and get my cheekbones glowing. 

Sé que no estoy sola cuando digo que pienso en diamantina y labios rojos inmediatamente cuando alguien menciona la temporada Navideña. Aunque no me gusta mucho la diamantina, siempre saco las sombras más brillantes que tengo y resalto mucho mis pómulos. 




RED LIPS
Whatever you do with your makeup (especially in Christmas Eve) it has to include red lips. Since there is a lot of eating and drinking, it's crucial to go for a long wearing formula or something that will be easy to reapply. The Benefit They're Real Double The Lip lipstick in Reved-Up Red is perfect for a sheer formula that you can build up throughout the night without worrying about lining your lips since it has a darker pointed side to do it for you. For a more fun color, the NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Hyde Park has enough intensity to last for a long time but also the convenience of a pencil to be reapplied at any moment. If you don't want to worry about your lips for the whole night, go for a liquid lipstick like the Zoeva Pure Lacquer Lips in Noble Heart. The formula in these is as long wearing as a matte lipstick but with a glossier appearance. 

Lo que sea que hagas con tu maquillaje (en especial en Noche Buena) tiene que incluir labios rojos. Ya que hay mucha comida y bebidas, es crucial que optes por una fórmula de larga duración o por algo que puedas volver a aplicarte con facilidad. El They're Real Double The Lip lipstick en Reved-Up Red de Benefit es perfecto para una fórmula ligera que apliques en capas durante la noche sin tener que preocuparte por delinear tus labios ya que tiene eso integrado en la punta obscura. Para un color más divertido, el Satin Lip Pencil de NARS en Hyde Park tiene suficiente intensidad para durarte mucho tiempo y la conveniencia de un lápiz para aplicarlo en cualquier momento. Si no quieres preocuparte por tus labios en toda la noche, opta por un labial líquido como el Pure Lacquer Lips de Zoeva en Noble Heart. La fórmula de esos es tan duradera como un matte pero con una apariencia más jugosa. 





CHAMPAGNE LIDS
Don't just drink it but wear it. I'm sure everyone has a shimmery pinky/yellow eyeshadow somewhere in their collection and this is the right moment to wear it. One of the most sparkly ones that I have is the L'Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte, it has a strong pigmentation so you can even wear it as a face highlighter. A more pinky option is MAC All That Glitters, this is one of the most popular eyeshadows out there because it goes with anything. If you're more into gold tones, MAC Amber Lights is great to create a little more depth on the outside corners or even as a while lid color. 

No sólo te la tomes pero también úsala. Estoy segura de que todos tenemos una sombra rosita/amarilla en nuestra colección y este es el momento indicado para usarla. Una de las más brillantes que yo tengo es la L'Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow en Iced Latte, tiene una pigmentación súper intensa que también puedes usar para iluminar el rostro. Una opción más rosita es MAC All That Glitters, es una de las sombras más populares que hay porque queda con todo. Si te gustan más los tonos dorados, MAC Amber Lights es ideal para crear un poco de dimensión en las orillas exteriores o incluso como el color completo de los párpados. 




BIG BUSHY LASHES
Ditch the eyeliner if you struggle with wings and just apply a ton of mascara to let the shimmery eyeshadow underneath your lashes peek through. I've been wearing the Benefit They're Real Mascara in Jet Black for the past three days, it gives me super long lashes without having to apply falsies. Speaking of which, it's always hard for me to put a pair on but I've been trying to get more into it. I found these Jean Marin Natural False Lashes at Sally Beauty Supply and they're just as good as my beloved Ardell ones but much cheaper. 

Deshecha el delineador si batallas con hacer las alas y simplemente aplica mucha máscara a tus pestañas para dejar que la luz sobresalga entre ellas. Estos últimos tres días he estado usando la They're Real de Benefit en Jet Black, me da pestañas larguísimas sin tener que usar falsas. Hablando de ellas, siempre es difícil para mí ponerme un par pero he estado tratando de acostumbrarme. Encontré estas Pestañas Falsas de Jean Marin en Sally Beauty Supply y son igual de buenas que mis amadas Ardell pero mucho más baratas. 




GET GLOWING
I'm not going to lie, this is the only highlighter that I've been using since I got this MAC Nut Cracker Sweet Copper Face Compact. The duo contains Whisper Of Guilt, which is literally melted gold pressed into a pan. I keep my blushes in constant rotation but I've been really loving how this rusty shade looks with red lips, it adds a bit of warmth to my face now that I hardly ever see the sun. 

No voy a mentir, este es el único iluminador que he usado desde que compré el MAC Nut Cracker Sweet Copper Face Compact. El dúo viene con Whisper Of Guilt, el cual es literalmente oro vaciado y presionado en un compacto. Mantengo siempre mis rubores en rotación pero últimamente he estado usando mucho este porque me gusta como se ve con labios rojos, le agrega algo de calidez a mi rostro ya que casi no me ha tocado el sol. 





What are your staples for the Holiday Menu?

¿Cuáles son tus productos de cajón para el Menú Navideño?

the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.