24 September, 2016

Tips for Staying Organized



It happens to me quite often that I have a long To-Do list and my productivity is almost non-existent. Working at home is certainly difficult in a way. Yes, you can wear pajamas all day, but you also have to make sure to get work done. Over time I've found my ways to stay true to my schedule. 

Me pasa muy seguido que tengo una lista de pendientes enorme y mi productividad es casi inexistente. Trabajar en casa ciertamente es difícil. Sí, puedes estar en piyama todo el día, pero también debes terminar el trabajo. Con el tiempo he encontrado mis formas de mantenerme fiel a mi agenda.




WRITE IT DOWN.
The best thing you can do is a list of every single thing that must be done by the end of the day. I usually have memo pads next to me for the urgent things and a little notebook where I write my other weekly tasks. 

Lo mejor que puedes hacer es una lista con cada cosa que deba realizarse para el fin del día. Normalmente yo tengo un bloque de hojas cerca de mí para anotar lo urgente y un pequeño cuaderno para mis otros pendientes de la semana.


KEEP IT CLEAN.
Believe me, there is nothing like working on a clean area. Most importantly because you can find things that you need easily, but also because it creates an harmonious atmosphere. Keeping a neat workspace is already a big step on staying organized, doesn't matter if by the end of the day it's a little messy, always tidy up. 

Créanme, no hay nada como trabajar en una área limpia. Más importante porque puedes encontrar lo que necesitas fácilmente, pero también porque crea una atmósfera armónica. Mantener tu área de trabajo en orden ya es en sí un paso grande a ser organizado, no importa si para el final del día está tirado, siempre vuelve a acomodar.


STYLE AND DECORATE. 
I believe that this is key to really enjoy your office time. One of the things that I love most about working form home is that I get to create the workspace of my dreams. Find yourself a spot that you like best (I love working next to a big window) and set your little office there. I like to have flowers, prints, girly stationery, etc., and constantly rearrange everything to play around. 

Yo creo que decorar tu espacio es un elemento clave para disfrutar del tiempo de oficina. Una de las cosas que más me gusta de trabajar en casa es la oportunidad de crear el espacio de trabajo de mis sueños. Búscate un lugar que te guste (yo prefiero trabajar cerca de una ventana) y acomoda tu oficina ahí. Me gusta tener flores, prints, papelería femenina, etc., y constantemente jugar con el acomodo.


TAKE A BREAK. 
Not a 2 hour break after 10 minutes of work but a realistic amount of minutes to relax your mind. My job requires me to be glued to a computer all the time, sometimes for more than 5 hours non-stop on busy days. I take little breaks to make myself some coffee or just walk around the house for a while because being seated all day is no good either.  

No un descanso de 2 horas después de trabajar por 10 minutos pero sí una cantidad realista de minutos para relajar tu mente. Mi trabajo requiere de tenerme pegada a la computadora todo el tiempo, a veces por más de 5 horas seguidas en días atareados. Me tomo descansos pequeños para hacerme un café o caminar un poco por la casa porque estar sentado todo el día tampoco es bueno.


GO WITH THE 9-TO-5
I prefer to wakeup and start my day as if I had to head out somewhere, have a good breakfast, and then get to work. Working the "usual" office hours helps you to know when to stop, otherwise you'll end up on a never ending schedule. If something is not done by the end of the day, don't panic, you can continue tomorrow. 

Prefiero despertarme y comenzar mi día como si tuviera que ir a algún lugar, desayunar tranquilamente y después ponerme a trabajar. Hacerlo en las horas "usuales" de oficina te ayuda a saber cuándo parar, de otra manera acabarías en una agenda interminable. Si algo no se hizo para el fin del día, no temas, puedes continuarlo mañana. 





What are your tips for staying organized?
¿Cuáles son sus tips para mantenerse organizados?

the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.