13 August, 2015

About Highlighters



I remember a moment in my life where I thought I could live without highlighter. I kind of still do, I save it for special occasions or night looks when I go out. Either way, a few products have made their way to my heart and it is no surprise that catch myself applying more than one sometimes. 

Recuerdo un momento en mi vida donde pensé que podía vivir sin iluminador. Aún lo hago más o menos, lo guardo para ocasiones especiales o looks de noche cuando salgo. De cualquier manera, algunos productos han hecho su camino a mi corazón y no es sorpresa que me atrape aplicándome más de uno a veces.





Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow: (makeup look here)
Of course this is on top of my list. It's my favorite one by far, not too shiny but still leaves a peachy glow behind. I like that it's subtle enough to be worn in the daytime if you really remove the excess powder. It's also very neutral on my skin, so it fits most of my looks.  

Por supuesto que este estaría en el top de mi lista. Es mi favorito hasta ahora, no muy brilloso pero aún así deja algo de incandescencia detrás. Me gusta que es bastante sutil como para usarse en el día si quitas el exceso de polvo antes. También es muy neutral en mi piel, por lo que queda con varios looks.


MAC Soft & Gentle: (makeup look here)
This was my first highlighter and I think I made the best choice. It was then when I fell in love with champagne toned glowy skin. The glittery bits in this one are a little too chunky for my taste, so I save it for night looks where I don't mind looking too glowy. 

Este fue mi primer iluminador y creo que tomé la mejor decisión. Fue ahí cuando me enamoré de la piel brillante en tono champagne. Los pedacitos de brillo en este son un poco grandes para mi gusto, así que prefiero guardarlo para looks de noche donde no me importe verme muy brillosa.


theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer: (makeup look here)
I remember watching a lot of beauty gurus raving about it so much that I just had to pick it up and see what the fuzz was all about. They were all right, the glow in this compact is amazing, also a very skin-like tone for me so it blends perfectly with my makeup. I love to apply this one on the inner corners to seriously open up the eyes. 

Recuerdo ver a muchas gurus de maquillaje hablando tanto sobre este iluminador que tuve que ir por uno y probarlo yo misma. Todas estaban correctas, el brillo en este compacto es increíble, también muy parecido a mi piel, difuminándose fácilmente con mi maquillaje. Me encanta aplicar este en el área de lagrimales para en verdad abrir los ojos.


Revlon Highlighting Palette in Peachy Glow: (makeup look here)
Despite the fact that the mix of all those tones give you more of a glowy bronze, I like to apply the two bottom shades for a light peachy glow as the name would suggest. I'm not a big fan of illuminating bronzers but I think it makes a gorgeous alternative for the cheeks instead of a blush. 

A pesar del hecho de que la mezcla de todos esos tonos te de algo más como un brillo bronceado, me gusta aplicar las últimas dos sombras para un brillo melocotón suave como el nombre lo sugiere. No soy muy fanática de bronceadores para iluminar pero creo que este hace una alternativa bonita para las mejillas en vez de rubor.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Highlight in Sand: (makeup look here)
This is the most daytime appropriate highlighting powder, in my opinion. It is very sheer and can be built up, letting you intensify your makeup in a day-to-night look. The color is so pretty that it can even double up as an eyeshadow for a glowy was of color on the lids. 

Este es uno de los iluminadores más apropiados para el día, en mi opinión. Es muy ligero y puede aplicarse en capas, dejando que intensifiques tu maquillaje para un look de día-a-noche. El color es tan lindo que puede doblar como sombra para un poco de color en los párpados.


MAC Dazzlelight Eyeshadow: (makeup look here)
If I'm being lazy with my makeup, I'm most likely to pick an eyeshadow from a palette to do the highlighting job. Dazzlelight has a Veluxe Pearl formula that makes it extra sparkly and perfect for inner corner and cupid's bow glow. I prefer this one over Nylon because it has a more neutral tone. 

Si ando floja con mi maquillaje, es más probable que elija una sombra de una paleta para hacer el trabajo de iluminar. Dazzlelight tiene un acabado Veluxe Pearl que la hace bastante brillante y perfecta para el área de lagrimales y el corazón de los labios. Prefiero esta ante Nylon porque tiene un tono más natural.


Benefit Watts Up: 
I have a mini size from my Benefit Box O' Blushes from last year's Holidays. Even though I haven't used it much, I love this for days when my skin is feeling a little dry. The consistency is slightly hard but won't dry up my skin and make it look flaky. It can be applied underneath the base in the high points of the face for a more natural glow. 

Tengo un tamaño miniatura de mi Box O' Blushes de Benefit de la edición limitada del año pasado. A pesar de que no lo he usado mucho, me encanta para esos días en que mi piel está algo seca. La consistencia es un poco dura pero no tanto para secar más la piel o acentuar la piel muerta. Puede ser aplicado bajo la base en los puntos altos de la cara para dar una incandescencia más natural.








What are your favorite highlighting products?

¿Cuáles son sus productos para iluminar favoritos?






the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.