14 July, 2015

Purple Slate


Just like in my last makeup look, I wanted to experiment with things that I don't normally use from my collection. This time I went a little more specific and tried an eyeshadow that I had only swatched on a finger when I got my Lorac PRO Palette

Justo como en mi último look que publiqué, quería experimentar con cosas que no uso normalmente de mi colección. Esta vez me fui un poco más específica y probé una sombra que sólo había usado en un dedo cuando compré mi Lorac PRO Palette.





Slate is the type of eyeshadow that reminds me of my first days of makeup when I used to rock sloppy shimmery charcoal smokey eyes for a night out. I think that's the main reason of why I hate those colors but I wanted to finally give it a use and think of a new way to wear a color like this. It turned out to be a great idea to pair it up with purple and pinky tones, I even got excited and threw in some lashes —another thing I hardly ever do. To finish the look I added one of my all time favorite pink lipsticks to tie everything together.  

Slate es el tipo de sombra que me recuerda a mis primeros días de maquillaje cuando usaba ojos ahumados con mala aplicación de tonos carbón con brillos para salir de noche. Creo que esa es la razón principal de por qué odio esos colores pero por fin quise darle un uso y encontrar una manera nueva de usar estos tonos. Resultó ser una gran idea combinarlo con tonos morados y rosas, incluso me emocioné y le metí pestañas falsas —otra cosa que rara vez hago. Terminé el look con uno de mis labiales rosa favoritos para atar todo junto.




Face/Rostro
- Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation. 
- Sephora Collection Perfect Cover Concealer. 
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. 
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer. 
- The Body Shop Blush in Bubblegum. 
- theBalm Mary Lou Manizer.

Eyes/Ojos
- NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder. 
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple. 
- Lorac PRO Palette: Slate (lids and lower lash line/párpados y área de abajo), Deep Purple (outer edges/orillas externas), Black (a tiny on the tip outer third/un poco en el tercio exterior de arriba). 
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar: Strawberry Bon Bon (crease/cuenca), Salted Caramel (outer crease/cuenca exterior), Candid Violet (center of the lids/centro de los párpados), White Chocolate and Champagne Truffle (brow bone and inner corners/bajo la dejas y área de lagrimales). 
- MAC Fluidline Gel Liner in Blacktrack. 
- Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara. 
Light In The Box eyelashes from this set.

Lips/Labios:
- MAC Snob lipstick. 








Do you have a palette with eyeshadows that you never wear?


¿Tienen alguna paleta con sombras que jamás usan?







the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.