11 July, 2015

Day-to-Night Makeup Goodies



Something that I've learned in my busiest days is to manage the time between work and any plans that I might have that night. Although I wish I could was off my face and re-do my whole makeup, time and physics don't allow this. Today I'll be sharing some tips and products that make this day-to-night transition really easy without taking much space in your makeup bag. 

Algo que he aprendido en mis días más atareados es manejar el tiempo entre trabajo y cualquier plan que tenga de salir esa noche. A pesar de que quisiera lavarme toda la cara y re-hacer mi maquillaje, el tiempo y la física no lo permiten. Hoy les comparto unos tips y productos que hacen esta transición de dia a noche muy fácil sin ocupar mucho espacio en tu bolsa.



Healing your complexion: 
This is the most important thing to me if I want to look good for the entire day. I get slightly oily on my T-zone, my favorite product for a very long time has been the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I first blot my complexion with a tissue and do some pin-point concealing with the Sephora Collection Perfect Cover Concealer, then I dust a bit of powder over my face to lock everything in place. The combination of these two never fails for me and doesn't leave my face looking cakey at all. 

Esta es la cosa más importante para mí si quiero verme bien durante todo el día. Tengo la zona T un poco grasosa, mi polvo favorito por mucho tiempo ha sido Stay Matte de Rimmel. Primero paso un pañuelo por mi cara para limpiarla y hago algo de corrección detallada con el Perfect Cover Concealer de Sephora Collection, luego pongo un poco de polvo en mi rostro para dejar todo en su lugar. La combinación de estos dos nunca me falla y no me deja la cara pastosa.


Bronzing and Contour: 
For a time-saver, a product that can work for bronzing and contouring is a Holy Grail. My favorite is the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow, I only highlight for night looks and then intensify my contour with the Sculpt shade for added dimension. Santa Monica by ELF has a blush and a bronzer that work great for putting more intensity to your look, the blush has little specks on it so it can work as a highlighter too. The best thing about these products is that you can wear them on your eyes too, just apply a bit of the darker tones on the crease and you can create a quick smokey eye. 

Para guardar espacio, un producto que la haga de bronceador y para esculpir es un Santo Grial. Mi favorite es el Filmstar Bronze and Glow de Charlotte Tilbury, sólo uso iluminador por las noches y luego agrego intensidad a mi contour con la sombra Sculpt para más dimensión. Santa Monica de ELF tiene un rubor y bronceador que sirven mucho para dar mayor intensidad a tu look. El rubor tiene un poco de brillo, por lo que puedes usarlo levemente como iluminador también. Lo mejor de estos productos es que puedes usarlos también como sombra, aplicando los tonos obscuros en la cuenca para un ojo ahumado rápido.


Intensifying the eye look: 
Of course the easiest thing to do is leave your eyes as they are and apply a bold lip. In fact, I tend to do that most of the times. But if I'm feeling like I need a bit extra drama, I carry my Wet n' Wild Kohl Liner Pencil in Calling Your Buff (black eyeliner, basically) to darken my waterline and smudge a little bit through my lashes. I like to buff it a bit with a brush to create a very simple smokey eye. 

Claro que lo más fácil es dejar tus ojos como están y sólo aplicarte labios intensos. De hecho, la mayoría de las veces hago eso. Pero si tengo ganas de un poco más drama, llevo conmigo el Kohl Liner Calling Your Buff de Wet n' Wild (delineador negro, básicamente) para obscurecer el interior de los ojos y un poco por mis pestañas. Me gusta difuminarlo un poco con una brocha para crear un ojo ahumado muy simple.


Speaking of Brushes: 
I have a rule of never carrying more than 4 brushes with me, simply because I know I won't need all of them and they'll just end up taking space in my bag. I only make sure that they're always clean (specially the one you use for your face) because then you can wipe off product easily and work from light to dark tones. I carry the Real Techniques Multitasking Brush for face powder and then use it for bronzing and highlighting. I normally use my fingers to concealing or the Detail Brush for precision. Eco Tools has a lot of kits with small brushes, these two work great for blending my eyeliner and a bit of bronzer to my lids and crease. 

Tengo una regla de nunca llevar conmigo más de 4 brochas, simplemente porque sé que no las usaré todas y nada más acaban tomando espacio en mi bolsa. Sólo me aseguro de que siempre estén limpias (en especial la del rostro) porque así puedo limpiarla con un papel rápidamente para poderla usar de tonos claros a obscuros. Me llevo siempre el Multitasking Brush de Real Techniques para el polvo facial y después la uso con el bronceador e iluminador. Normalmente uso mis dedos para el corrector o a veces el Detail Brush para más precisión. Eco Tools tiene muchos kits con brochas pequeñas, estas dos sirven muy bien para difuminar mi delineador y agregar un poco de bronceador a mis párpados.


Make a Statement: 
The most obvious way to tell the world that you changed your makeup to go out that night is to wear a bold lip. If you go a bit more crazy with the eyeliner from before it's more likely that you might skip this step and go for a toned down lipstick. I'm currently loving to break the rule of Bold Eyes/Bold Lips because I'm basically obsessed with these two products. The NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Mysterious Red is one of the best formulas to wear and apply, it won't smudge and still leaves a bit of color behind as it wears off. Another matte product is the Rimmel Show Off Lip Velvet in Meteoric Matte, it's incredibly easy to apply and also leaves a stain behind so that you don't have to worry about it as you enjoy a few drinks. 

La manera más obvia de decirle al mundo que cambiaste tu maquillaje para salir esa noche es con unos labios intensos. Si te vas un poco loca con el delineador de antes es más probable que quieras saltarte este paso e irte por un labial con un tono menor. Últimamente me gusta romper la regla de Ojos y Labios Intensos básicamente porque estoy obsesionada con estos dos productos. El Velvet Matte Lip Pencil de NARS en Mysterious Red es una de las mejores fórmulas de usar y aplicar, no se va con facilidad y deja algo de color cuando se desvanece. Otro producto matte es el Show Off Lip Velvet de Rimmel en Meteoric Matte, es increíblemente fácil de aplicar y también deja color al desvanecerse, por lo que no tienes que preocuparte mientras disfrutas de unas bebidas.



What do you like to carry on your makeup bag for a night look?

¿Qué les gusta llevar en sus bolsas para un look de noche?





the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.