21 January, 2015

Marsala Inspired Makeup



By this time you may already know that Pantone chose a "warm and seductive" red-brown shade as their color of the year, that being Marsala. Besides the fact that this color reminds me so much of the now very trendy 90s lip color, I know that it can work wonderfully in an entire makeup look. I used a couple of products in my collection that would help me channel my own Marsala. 

Para este tiempo es probable que ya sepan que Pantone eligió un tono "cálido y seductor" rojo-marrón como el color del año, siendo Marsala. Aparte del hecho de que este color me recuerde mucho al muy trendy labial noventero, sé que puede funcionar de maravilla en un look entero. Usé algunos productos en mi colección que me ayudaran a canalizar mi propio Marsala.






In addition to this look, I also used the Lorac Pro Palette (review here) for the first time in my blog. I had not realized that I never really posted something done solely with this palette, needless to say that my inspiration came from the color Garnet. The look is overall really simple, I think it has a slight grungy feel to it. But again, every color paired up with Marsala can look a little too 90s, which is why I added a glossy lip to counteract all the excessive warmth, making it a little more playful and not too serious and strong. 

En suma a este look, también usé la Lorac Pro Palette (reseña aquí) por primera vez en mi blog. No me había dado cuenta de que nunca publiqué algo hecho solamente con esta paleta, sin mencionar que mi inspiración vino del color Garnet. Este look es en general muy sencillo, creo que tiene un aire un poco grunge en él. Pero, otra vez, cualquier color acompañado por Marsala puede lucir muy noventero, razón por la cual agregué unos labios glossy para contrarrestar todo el exceso de calidez, haciéndolo un poco más juguetón y menos serio y fuerte.




Face/Rostro
- L'Oréal Infallible 24H Foundation.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit.  
- Benefit Rockateur Blush. 
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer. 

Eyes/Ojos
- NYX Cake Eyebrow Powder.
- MAC Constructivist Paintpot
- Lorac PRO Palette: Garnet (lids and lower lash line, párpados y área de abajo), Mauve (crease/cuenca), Sable (top and bottom outer thirds/tercio exterior de arriba y abajo), Cream (brow bone blending/difuminado debajo de la ceja), Nude and Champagne (inner corner and brow highlights/iluminado para lagrimal y bajo la ceja), Espresso (tiny amount close to the top lash line/un poquito cerca de las pestañas superiores). 
MAC Fluidline Gel Liner in Blacktrack.
- Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in Brownish Black. 

Lips/Labios:
- Maybelline Color Elixir in Intoxicating Spice. 







What are your favorite Marsala-looking products? 

¿Cuáles son sus productos parecidos a Marsala favoritos?







the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.