26 January, 2015

Bronzing + Contouring



It's normally around this time of the year that I struggle with the palest my skin can get. I'm lucky enough to live in a place where there is sun most of the year but it can get a little too cold and gloomy by January. To bring a little warmth to my face, I use a couple of products that will help me out to define my features and bronze up my skin. 

Normalmente es en este tiempo del año en que batallo con lo más pálida que se pone mi piel. Tengo suerte de vivir en un lugar donde hay sol la mayor parte del año pero puede ponerse muy nublado y obscuro en enero. Para darle calidez a mi rostro, uso algunos productos que me ayudarán a definir mis facciones y broncear mi piel.





The Bronzed and Blushing Face Palette by Sephora is a little trio that contains two pink blushes and a bronzing powder. Los Cabos has a matte formula that doesn't look too orange and can work for contouring and bronzing as well. I like to mix it up a little with the blushes to add more warmth and turn it into a more sort of bronzing type of color. 

La paleta Bronzed and Blushing Face Palette de Sephora es un trío que contiene dos rubores y un polvo para broncear. Los Cabos tiene una fórmula matte que no se ve muy naranja y puede servir para contornear y broncear también. Me gusta mezclarlo un poco con los rubores para añadirle más calidez y que resulte en un tono más al estilo de bronceador.



Probably my favorite bronzer is the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny. It's the most flattering for my skin tone and I love how smoothly it applies. I don't wear it as a contour at all because it's definitely on the bronzer side of shades but I love to apply it above my contour and as a blush whenever I'm wearing a dark lip, it warms up the skin a lot and still gives a little definition to the cheekbones. 

Probablemente mi bronceador favorito es el NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder en Sunny. Es el más adecuado para mi tono de piel y me encanta lo suave que se aplica. No lo uso para contornear porque definitivamente está del lado de los tonos bronceadores, sin embargo, me gusta aplicarlo encima de mi contour y como rubor cuando llevo labios obscuros, esto le agrega calidez a mi rostro y aún ayuda a definir más los pómulos.



Out of all the Elf shades, the St. Lucia Blush and Bronzing Powder is the one I hear about the most. You can hardly notice it in the swatches but you know that a long as you put that shimmer under your cheekbones it won't look good in pictures as contour. I didn't like it too much at the beginning until I started to wear it as a bronzer (like the actual name says) and blush. It leaves a really beautiful and subtle highlight on the cheeks and since I don't wear highlighter in the daytime, products like this come really handy for a morning glow. 

De todos los tonos de Elf, el St. Lucia Blush and Bronzing Powder es del que más escucho. Casi no puedes verlo en la foto pero sabes que justo cuando apliques ese brillo debajo de tus pómulos no se va a ver bien en fotos como contour. No me gustaba mucho hasta que lo usé como bronceador (como de hecho dice en el nombre) y rubor. Deja un iluminado muy sutil en las mejillas y como no uso iluminador en el día, productos así me sirven mucho para un brillo mañanero.



Last but not least, Hoola by Benefit may be the most popular contour-friendly bronzing powder that most of us know of. If you compare the swatch to the Los Cabos one you can see that both of them are similar, even though Hoola is a little more ashy. The cool tone on this powder really allows to carve out my cheekbones, I also like to apply this on my temples to warm up my complexion and on the sides of my nose to slim it down a bit. 

Por último, Hoola de Benefit puede que sea el más popular polvo bronceador amigable a contornear que la mayoría conozcamos. Si lo comparas con la muestra de Los Cabos puedes ver que ambos son similares, aunque Hoola es más grisáceo. El tono frío en este polvo hace que pueda esculpir mejor mis pómulos, también me gusta aplicarlo en las sienes para dar calidez a mi complexión y en los lados de mi nariz para lucirla más pequeña.




Recently I've been using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit to sculpt my face and use the bronzing shades in there as well. If I ever get ready very early, sometimes I use Omega by MAC to really take my time to create natural shadows on my face. As for a lazy day when I don't want to put any definition to my face, I'll wear something like the MAC Tenderling blush, which will give me a rosy but bronzy look on the cheeks.

Recientemente he estado usando el Contour Kit de Anastasia Beverly Hills para esculpir mi rostro y también las sombras para broncear del mismo. Si acaso me comienzo a arreglar temprano, a veces uso Omega de MAC y me tomo mi tiempo para crear sombras naturales en mi rostro. Cuando en días que no tengo ganas de contornearme, uso algo como el rubor Tenderling de MAC que me da un look rosa y bronceado en las mejillas.





What products do you like for bronzing and contouring? 

¿Qué productos te gusta usar para broncear y esculpir?







the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.