11 December, 2014

Bold Holiday Look



A few days ago I did a post about 3 looks for red lips, keeping the eye makeup really simple and bold lip friendly. However, I still wanted to try something more dramatic for those who like to be adventurous with the entire face. I took inspiration from the Holiday colors, such as red, green, gold; and turned them into a Bold Holiday Look. 

Hace unos días hice un post sobre 3 looks para labios rojos, manteniendo el maquillaje de ojos muy simple y amigable para labios intensos. Sin embargo, quería probar algo más dramático para aquellos que les gusta ser más aventurados con toda la cara, Tomé inspiración de los colores Navideños, tales como rojo, verde, dorado; y los convertí en un look Navideño intenso.






My main inspiration for this look was Sumptuous Olive by MAC, a khaki green with a very sparkly finish, it almost looks like gold with different lighting, making it perfect for a Holiday look. I first tight lined my eyes with black liner and smudged it with SO, I kept reapplying both and finished with a little more liner to add definition. For a pop of color under the eyes, I used Amaretto from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, a kind of satin red brown color, I also used some of the matte shades in the palette to blend out everything up to the crease and Gilded Ganache (dark green with golden sparkles) to add dimension to the outer edge. I highlighted under my brow bones and my inner corners with Champagne from the Lorac Pro Palette


Mi inspiración principal para este look fue Sumptuous Olive de MAC, un verde khaki con un acabado muy brillante, casi parece dorado con diferente iluminación, lo cual lo hace perfecto para un look Navideño. Primero delineé mis ojos con delineador negro y lo difuminé con SO, seguí volviendo a aplicar ambos varias veces y terminé agregando más delineador para definir los ojos. Para algo de color en la parte de abajo, agregué Amaretto de la Too Faced Chocolate Bar, un rojo marrón algo satinado, también usé las sombras matte de esa paleta para difuminar todo hacia la cuenca y Gilded Ganache (verde obscuro con brillo dorado) en las orillas externas para agregar profundidad. Para iluminar debajo de mis cejas y el área del lagrimal, usé Champagne de la Lorac Pro Palette.





I kept my skin mostly bronzed and didn't apply too much highlighter, if any at all. For the lips, I first used the Beautique lip liner in Wine to perfect the edges and then went on top of everything with the Revlon matte lipstick in Wine Not, it actually looks much darker in person which I love. 

Mantuve mi piel mayormente bronceada y me apliqué muy poco iluminador, si acaso algo. Para los labios, primero delineé las orillas con el lápiz Wine de Beautique y luego pasé por encima con el labial matte Wine Not de Revlon, en realidad se ve más obscuro en persona y eso me encanta.











Do you like a bolder look with only eyes, lips or both? 

¿Les gusta más un look intenso con ojos, labios, o ambos? 









the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.