27 November, 2014

Sparkly Smokey Eye



Last week I was on the hunt of some Christmas presents (too soon, I know) for a few women family members. My first thought is always makeup because it never fails, a lipstick is always welcome, specially if it's a gift. After crossing out from my list all the pending purchases, I rewarded myself with a little eyeshadow, simply because I just can't get near a MAC counter and leave empty handed. 

La semana pasada estuve en búsqueda de regalos Navideños (muy pronto, lo sé) para algunas familiares mujeres. Mi primera idea siempre es maquillaje porque nunca falla, un labial siempre es bienvenido, en especial si es un regalo. Después de tachar de mi lista mis compras pendientes, me premié con una pequeña sombra, simplemente porque no puedo estar cerca de MAC e irme con las manos vacías.






For this look, my main inspiration was the MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow in Cinderfella, a beautiful mixture of black and silver pearl that apply super smoothly and have great pigmentation. I primed my eyelids with black eyeliner and blended out the edges with a clean brush before padding Cinderella all over the lids and on my lower lash line. To add some warmth, I used my NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder on the crease, it also helped create a transition between the black and my skin. I also used it for contouring and bronzing my face, skipping blush. For highlighting the brow bones and inner corners, I used MAC Soft And Gentle, I didn't put any on my face just because I felt the eyes were already quite shimmery. 

Para este look, mi principal inspiración fue MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow en Cinderfella, una mezcla muy linda de perlas negras y plateadas que se aplican muy suavemente y con buena pigmentación. Me preparé los ojos con delineador negro como base y difuminé las orillas con una brocha limpia antes de meter Cinderella en los párpados y debajo de los ojos. Para agregar calidez, usé mi NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder en las cuencas, esto también sirvió para crear transición entre el negro y mi piel. También lo usé para contornear y broncear mi piel, dejando el rubor. Para iluminar el hueso de la ceja y el lagrimal usé MAC Soft And Gentle, no lo apliqué en mi rostro por que sentí que los ojos ya eran suficiente brillo.





At first I wanted to do really bright pink lips but the sparkly eyeshadow and bronzer combo where already too much. I decided to use Crème d'Nude by MAC (which I recently purchased in a failed attempt to replace my broken Japanese Maple), the cremesheen formula is my favorite for nude colors because they don't make your lips look like you've just applied concealer. 

Al principio quería meter labios rosa chillantes pero el combo de sombra con brillos y bronceador ya eran demasiado. Mejor usé Crème d'Nude de MAC (el cual compré recientemente en un intento fallido de reemplazar mi Japanese Maple que se rompió), la fórmula cremesheen es mi favorita para colores nude porque no hace parecer que tus labios están llenos de corrector.











I really see myself wearing this look a lot for the Holidays, what do you think? 

De verdad me veo usando mucho este look para la temporada, ¿ustedes qué opinan?









the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.