24 October, 2014

My Customized MAC Palette



Not too long ago I made a list of eyeshadows that I wanted to try from MAC, basically my list ended up a little too long that it seemed like the best option was to order a full palette, so I went to a MAC counter and did a swatching spree with other eyeshadows. 

No fue hace mucho que hice una lista de sombras que quería probar de MAC, básicamente mi lista acabó tan larga que parecía la mejor opción ordenar una paleta completa, así que fui a MAC para hacer una sesión de prueba con otras sombras.




Naturally, my list was mostly neutrals because 1- you can never have too many neutrals and 2- they're the easiest colors to wear, although I sometimes do fun looks for the blog, you all know I'm more about the wearable ones. I went a little adventurous with some colors that are not what I usually were but I'm really happy I picked those because they ended up being my favorite ones. Here I'll show you the swatches on my arm and which ones I got: 

Naturalmente, mi lista estaba llena de neutrales porque 1- nunca se pueden tener demasiados colores neutrales y 2- son los más fáciles de usar, a pesar de que a veces hago looks más divertidos para el blog, ustedes saben que soy más de los de diario. Me fui un poco aventurada con unos colores que no son lo que normalmente uso pero estoy feliz de haberlos elegido por que acabaron siendo mis favoritos. Aquí les enseñaré las pruebas en mi brazo y cuáles escogí:



L to R: Dazzlelight, Retrospeck, Mythology, Sable, Satin Taupe.

L to R: Honey Lust, Patina, Tempting, Bronze, Amber Lights. 

L to R: Antiqued, Star Violet, Sumptuous Olive, Omega, Mystery. 


I'm not going deep in detail and make this post extremely long, I'll just say that my favorite ones were Antiqued, Sumptuous Olive and Amber Lights. Those three colors are not what I usually wear, but they still fit in the every day colors category and still make a statement by themselves. If you see carefully, I divided the top row for lighter eyeshadows and the first two focusing more to highlight, the second row are warm neutrals that I can wear easily, and the third row was the one I picked randomly to break the neutral rule and also added two matte ones for blending purposes. 

No quiero irme en detalles y hacer este post tan largo, sólo diré que mis favoritas fueron Antiqued, Sumptuous Olive, y Amber Lights. Esos tres colores no son precisamente algo que uso normalmente pero aún entran en la categoría de colored de diario y aún así causan impacto ellos mismos. Si se fijan bien, dividí la primer fila con sombras más claras y las primer dos enfocadas más a iluminar, la segunda fila son tonos cálidos que puedo usar con facilidad, y la tercera fila con la que rompí mi regla de neutrales y también agregué dos sombras matte para difuminar.



I'm now thinking about filling a palette with matte shades, but this time going slowly! What do you think of these eyeshadows? Let me know which are your favorite ones from MAC :)

Ahora estoy pensando en llenar una paleta con sombras matte, ¡pero esta vez más despacio! ¿Qué les parecen estas sombras? Cuéntenme cuáles son sus favoritas de MAC :)










the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.