24 September, 2014

Top Ten Tag!



I was tagged by the beautiful Alina from Beauty With Charm to do the Top Ten Tag and share with you some of my favorite products. If you're familiar with my blog you'll know that I use these following a lot, my collection is not very big so I tend to stick with the things I know I love, here they are: 








Foundation
If I had to use one foundation for the rest of my life it would definitely be the L'Oréal True Match Foundation (my shade is Golden Beige). It did surprise me a lot when people asked what foundation I was wearing in certain looks that I posted here because I'm pretty sure that it's this one that I use the most, specially for my blog posts. It leaves my skin looking almost perfect and blends so easily, I can even apply a thing layer just with my fingers where I have the most discoloration and I'll be good to go. 



Concealer
I remember buying the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (my shade is Sand Sable) one day just because mine had run out and it needed to be replaced, this one just caught my attention and I took it right away without even expecting me to like it. Of course I've been loving it ever since, it's so creamy and very nicely pigmented, I like to wear this alone in the mornings just because I'm not a foundation type of girl for the daytime. It never looks cakey and lasts all day. 


Powder
Again, since I'm not the type of girl who wears too much makeup on the daytime, I wanted a powder that would help me cover up a bit and still look natural, of course it had to be the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (my shade is medium). It really looks natural and also lasts for a long time on my skin, since it's very fine I can still apply it over foundation a little lightly and it won't look caked up. 


Blush/Bronzer
Now, these two were separate categories but since I'm already describing everything as my go-to stuff I thought it would be good to name one product after 2 things. A very, very old time favorite of mine is the NYX Blush in Terra Cotta, it has a lovely warm reddish brown tone with some sparkle in it. I love using this alone as a bronzing powder even though it's not matte but I know I'll skip blush with this just because I love how it looks just by itself. It gives warmth to my face and still a natural glow that I just love to pair with dark lips (You can see me wearing it here, here, and here). 


Highlighter
I don't know where was I standing in this life before I ever tried Soft And Gentle by MAC! I really love the intense glow that I get on my cheekbones when I wear this on a night out, every part of my face that I illuminate with this will pop out so much. It's golden/champagne color matches my skin pretty well, I always tap off a lot before applying it just to make sure I don't go too far because the sparkly particles are a little chunky – not that I don't like that! (Swatch here). 


Mascara
A while ago I raved about the Femme Couture Monster Lash XXL Mega Volume Mascara in this post, which I got from a situation similar to the concealer one, I purchased this mascara out of nowhere and then hated it for a while. To my surprise, it turned out that my hate for curved wands had been unreal and that I actually loved how perfectly coated and black my lashes looked with this. It doesn't smudge, it's super black, very volumizing and it lengthens my lashes pretty decently. 


Eyeshadow
Quite appropriate for this time of the year, I must say that my favorite eyeshadow palette has to be the Too Faced Chocolate Bar. Besides the part that it smells like heaven, the colors are exactly what I love to wear, deep pinks and brows. And staying true to the tag I'm going to be brave enough to choose just one eyeshadow from the palette and that is going to be Haute Chocolate. I feel like it's one of those colors that I can slap on and blend away in a second and I'll look pulled together. (See review and swatches here


Brows
Since the day that I discovered that my brows actually looked better with something to fill them is the day I purchased the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder (my shade is Dark Brown/Brown). There is absolutely nothing else that I use to fill my brows, although I must say that mine are luckily quite full, but there is something in the formula that just won't let me get away from it. The little kit is already pretty handy because it comes with a mini spoolie and an angled brush, the two shades have a slightly waxy feel to them, besides the wax that already comes next to them. I think it's a really great product and it's so cheap too!


Lip Products
For this one I'm going to go for my favorite lipstick ever, that is MAC Japanese Maple (which I just discovered that it had broken while doing my last look... *sigh*). It's the perfect nude shade for me, I love that it's a cremesheen formula so I can still see a bit of my natural lip color without looking like I have concealer all over them. This is literally my go-to item whenever I go out because I know it will look perfect with any look. Again, I'm pretty sure I've worn it a lot on my looks here. 



So those are my Top Ten makeup products on my list, I'm pretty sure many people will agree on a few of these! I'd love to see yours too so if you do this tag let me know! :)











the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.