17 September, 2014

Earth Tones




The past few days have been a little rainy and that made me think about nature, all those subtle and harmonious earth tones instantly came to my mind as rich greens and deep browns. I wanted to translate that into a simple look and came up with a green smokey eye with a touch of gold to add a little sparkle in there instead of just a normal and boring highlight. 

Estos últimos días han estado un poco lluviosos y eso me hizo pensar en la naturaleza, todos esos tonos sutiles y armoniosos se vinieron a mi mente al instante como verdes intensos y marrones profundos. Quise transmitir eso en un look simple e hice este ojo ahumado con un toque de dorado para agregarle chispa por ahí en vez del iluminado común. 







I wanted to keep my face mostly matte and leave the sparkle in the eyes, I used an orangey toned bronzer for the cheeks and and muted my lips a little with a sheer nude lipstick (which ended up breaking apart!! I'm so bummed, it was my favorite lipstick - Japanese Maple). 

Quise mantener mi rostro más del lado matte para dejarle la chispa a los ojos, usé un bronceador con tono naranja para las mejillas y apagué un poco mis labios con un labial de tono natural (¡el cual acabó rompiéndose! Estoy muy triste, era mi favorito - Japanese Maple). 









Which Earth tones inspire you? 
¿Qué colores de la Tierra de inspiran? 












the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.