16 May, 2014

Versace Yellow Diamond



It has been a while since I got a new perfume (considering I'm not obsessed over them), so I decided it was about time to purchase one that had caught my attention after one of my mom's friends wore it one day. Besides it's delicious and perfect smell, this perfume bottle has the loveliest design that fits just perfectly with its name. 


Ya ha pasado tiempo desde la última vez que compré un perfume nuevo (considerando que no estoy obsesionada con ellos), así que decidí ir por uno que ya había captado mi atención después de que una amiga de mi mamá lo usó un día. Aparte del olor delicioso y perfecto, esta botella de perfume tiene el diseño más lindo que encaja a la perfección con su nombre. 




The Versace Yellow Diamond is an Eau de Toilette, a diluted form of perfume that works best as a freshener for the body. I'm not going to go too far with the explanation because that would be a whole post by itself (and I don't know much about the subject), but basically the percentage of concentration of aromas is what defines the perfume's label. This lovely perfume smells just as sweet as orange blossoms, it has a great mixture of aromas that make it the perfect summer fragrance. 

As for design, the bottle itself looks like a diamond, specially the cap. There's something about this that gives it a retro feeling, more like Art Deco with the geometrical shapes and yellow hues, but still pulling itself back to something more Art Nouveau styled on the packaging with all those organic designs printed. 


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


Yellow Diamond de Versace es una Eau de Toilette, una forma diluida de perfume que funciona mejor como refrescante para el cuerpo. No voy a entrar mucho en la explicación por que eso sería otro post por sí mismo (y por que no sé mucho del tema), pero básicamente es el porcentaje de concentración del aroma lo que define el tipo de perfume. Este lindo perfume huele tan dulce como flores de naranjo, tiene una combinación de aromas muy buena, las cuales hacen la fragancia perfecta de verano. 

En cuanto a diseño, la botella por sí sola parece un diamante, en especial la tapa. Hay algo en esto que le da un aire retro, más como Art Deco con todas esas figuras geométricas y tonos amarillos, pero aún regresándose al Art Nouveau en el estilo del empaque con un diseño más orgánico impreso. 


The top of the cap has a little medallion with the Versace logo. 





And in the end, after we're already satisfied with our purchase, any store manages to remind us that there are plenty of undiscovered fragrances for us out there and we get really cool samples. I consider myself the hugest victim of these things because most of my perfume collection (posted on my tumblr) started growing because of samples that I fell in love with, exactly what happened with my previous fragrance purchase. I already have the Chanel Chance Eau Tendre (the pink one) and I love it, but these samples came with the Eau de Parfum (the yellow one) and I think I like this one more than the one I have! Although, my new target is definitely Coco Mademoiselle which I was unsure about getting but after a couple of uses on the sample I finally decided (victim, you see?) it's the next one on the perfume wishlist. 

Also, I think these samples are great if you have to go out with the smallest purse on the planet or a little clutch that can only fit a lipstick and your phone, so you can do little perfume "touch ups" on a go to the ladies room. 



Y al final, después de que quedamos satisfechos con nuestra compra, cualquier tienda se encarga de recordarnos que hay una gran variedad de fragancias que no hemos descubierto y nos dan unas muestras muy cool. Yo me considero víctima de estas cositas por que la mayoría de mi colección de perfumes (posteada en mi tumblr) comenzó a crecer debido a que me enamoraba de ciertas muestras, cosa que sucedió en mi compra anterior de fragancia. Ya tengo Chance Eau Tendre de Chanel (la rosa) y me encanta, pero las muestras tenían Eau de Parfum (la amarilla) ¡y creo que me gustó más que la que tengo! De todas formas, mi nuevo blanco es sin dudas Coco Mademoiselle que no estaba muy segura en conseguirla para mi pero después de unos usos de la muestra me decidí (víctima, ¿ven?) a que será la próxima en mi wishlist de perfumes. 

También creo que estas muestras son muy buenas en caso de que tengas que salir con la bolsa más pequeña del mundo o con un clutch al que apenas le cabe un labial y tu celular, así que puedes ir al tocador a hacerte unos "touch ups" de perfume. 






What's your favorite fragrance this season? 

¿Cuál es tu fragancia favorita esta temporada? 






the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.