30 January, 2020

Things to avoid purchasing this year

beauty things you shouldnt buy


Every year I set a realistic goal related to beauty, whether it is to never skip a skincare routine or promise myself to always wear SPF. Since last year I kept finding myself reorganizing my beauty space and I came to the obvious conclusion that I owned too much for one person to use. For 2020 I set the goal of not purchasing a lot of things, not just in beauty. 

Cada año me propongo una meta realista relacionada a belleza, ya sea nunca fallar mi rutina de cuidado de piel o prometerme siempre usar FPS. Desde el año pasado me di cuenta que continuaba reorganizando mi espacio de belleza y llegué a la obvia conclusión de que tengo muchas cosas para una persona. Para este 2020 me puse la meta de no comprar muchas cosas, no solo en belleza. 




beauty things you shouldnt buy


Excessive Skincare, but mostly sheet masks

One thing in particular that I am very guilty of is purchasing sheet masks and then forgetting about them. I love wearing one every once in a while but truth is that I hoard more than what I actually use. My plan is to declutter the expired ones and use up the rest, this way I get my money’s worth and see which ones do work for me when I decide to repurchase again. 

Una cosa en particular de la que soy muy culpable es de comprar sheet masks y luego olvidarme de ellas. Amo usar una de vez en cuando pero la verdad es que guardo más de las que termino usando. Mi plan es descartar las que están caducadas y usar el resto, de esta manera saco provecho de mi dinero y veo cuáles me funcionan para cuando decida volver a comprar. 



Makeup for the sake of being pretty

Sometimes I keep a product and never use it just because it is too pretty, and that normally means it’s Limited Edition. In this case, I’m not saying it’s ok, but I allow myself to do so, mostly because I’m a makeup lover and those things have more value over time. However, I own a ton of eyeshadow palettes that I have purchased because of the hype. I’m pretty sure I have a few ones that have been used once or twice. I’m not sure if I’ll declutter much of that but I’m definitely not purchasing palettes this year. Not even one. 

A veces compro un producto y no lo uso jamás solo porque está bonito, y eso normalmente significa que es Edición Limitada. En este caso, no estoy diciendo que esté bien, pero me dejo hacerlo, más porque soy amante del maquillaje y esas cosas tienen valor con el tiempo. Sin embargo, tengo muchas paletas de sombras que he comprado por la moda. Estoy segura de que hay algunas que he usado un par de veces. No estoy segura de estar lista para descartarlas pero definitivamente no voy a comprar paletas este año. Ni una sola. 



beauty things you shouldnt buy


Outfits for one occasion

I know we’ve all been in the situation where you keep certain item because it might fit better later on or you got it for one specific event so now it’s sitting there in the back of the closet. I have a ton of outfits like this and other accessories that I just hoard. I have a plan for the weekend to empty my whole closet, make a very reckless declutter of these things, and then hang back in what I actually use. The idea later on is to only invest in “timeless” pieces or slow fashion, but we’ll see how it goes.  

Sé que todos hemos estado en la situación donde guardas cierta cosa porque puede que te quede mejor después o porque lo compraste para un evento en específico y ahora está olvidado en el fondo del closet. Yo tengo un montón de prendas así y otros accesorios que acumulo. Tengo un plan para un fin de semana de vaciar por completo mi closet, deshacerme de un montón de cosas y después colgar sólo lo que realmente uso. La idea es eventualmente solo invertir en piezas atemporales o slow fashion, pero ya veremos cómo va. 


Unnecessary cheat meals

I’ve been very lazy lately with my meals and most of the times I just order something or stop by a 7-Eleven to pick up whatever I crave at that moment. I’m not only gaining weight but also spending money in unnecessary meals that don’t do much for my body and just become trash. Aside from eating healthier, I’m planning to avoid these meals as much as I can and stick to what I have in fridge, which, after all, I purchased myself too. 

He andado muy floja últimamente con mis comidas y la mayoría de las veces simplemente ordeno algo o me paro en un 7-Eleven para comprar lo que sea de lo que traiga antojo. No sólo estoy ganando peso pero también gastando dinero en comidas innecesarias que no le hacen mucho a mi cuerpo y solo se convierten en basura. Aparte de comer más sano, estoy planeando evitar lo más posible este tipo de comidas y apegarme a lo que tengo en mi refrigerador que, después de todo, lo compré también yo. 


the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.