28 April, 2017

How To Look More Awake In The Morning


My sleeping pattern has been all over the place lately. It's the change of season and daylight savings that mess it all up. Although I've managed to still be productive in different hours, one thing is unavoidable: a tired face in the mornings. 

Mi patrón de sueño ha estado de lo peor últimamente. Son el cambio de temporada y el horario de verano que lo desacomodan. Aunque me he ingeniado a ser productiva en horas diferentes, una cosa es inevitable: una cara cansada por las mañanas. 




Eating right and staying hydrated is mainly important to look more awake, but this is a beauty blog and I won't bore everyone with health tips. In order to achieve this you must consider the first rule of natural makeup: less is more. With only a few selection of products you can look as fresh as a lettuce every morning with little effort (and probably 3 cups of coffee). 

Comer bien y mantenerse hidratado es lo primordial para verse más despierta, pero este es un blog de belleza y no voy a aburrir a nadie con tips de salud. Para conseguirlo debes considerar la primera regla del maquillaje natural: menos es más. Con sólo una pequeña selección de productos puedes verte tan fresca como una lechuga cada mañana con poco esfuerzo (y probablemente 3 tazas de café). 




BRIGHTEN YOUR COMPLEXION

The more dewy I feel my face, the better I think it looks. Something like Benefit Instant Comeback Face Serum will plump your skin a bit and add hydration. The key is to not add as many powders and opt for a light dewy base. If you need a lot more hydration, try something like The Body Shop Drops Of Youth Concentrate, which also adds a very natural glow. 

Entre más iluminada siento mi cara, mejor creo que se ve. Algo como Instant Comeback Face Serum de Benefit ayuda a rellenar tu piel y agregar hidratación. La clave es no agregar muchos polvos y optar por una base ligera y luminosa. Si necesitas un poco más de hidratación, prueba algo como Drops Of Youth Concentrate de The Body Shop, el cual también te da un brillo natural. 



CANCEL THE DARKNESS


I don't think you need to swipe a coral lipstick under your eyes to cancel the darkness. Instead, go for a soft peachy concealer like the Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector, I use the shade Light Bisque. Just a little dot on each eye will work perfectly. Most of the times I use the corrector I'll just set it and be done, but in puffy-eye mornings when I need more coverage, I add a bit of the Clinique All About Eyes Concealer

Yo pienso que no es necesario embarrarte un labial coral debajo de los ojos para cancelar lo obscuro. En cambio, elige un corrector en un tono durazno claro como el Creamy Corrector de Bobbi Brown en Light Bisque. Sólo un punto en cada ojo sirve más que suficiente. La mayoría de las veces uso el corrector por sí solo pero si estoy teniendo mañanas de ojos hinchados con ojeras muy obscuras, agrego un poco del Corrector All About Eyes de Clinique



OPEN UP THE EYES


The worst thing to do is opting for a black smokey eye. Instead, go very minimal or use natural-looking shades. The fail-proof tricks to mimic a wide awake look are lashes and white liner. My favorite mascara for this lately is Benefit They're Real, as it separates every lash and adds a lot of length. To open up the eyes even more, I swipe a bit of the Lancôme Le Crayon Miracle on the waterline. This instantly brings a lot of light to my eyes. 

Lo peor que puedes hacer es optar por un ojo ahumado negro. Mejor usa algo más sencillo o tonos que luzcan naturales. Los trucos a prueba de todo para simular un semblante despierto son pestañas y delineador blanco. Mi máscara favorita del momento es They're Real de Benefit, ya que separa cada pestaña y les da mucha longitud. Para abrir aún más los ojos, paso por la línea de agua Le Crayon Miracle de Lancôme. Esto atrae luz a los ojos instantáneamente. 



ADD YOUR FINAL TOUCH


I'm not a highlight lover in the daytime but I've been enjoying a dewy look on my face. As I said, a glowy complexion makes me feel more awake. I personally like rosy cheeks for this effect, Benefit Dandelion Dew adds a sheer layer of color with a dewy finish. You can tie the whole look together with a similar color on the lips or highlighter, although I feel like blush is a must for me even on an almost bare-face. 

No soy una gran fanática del iluminador en el día pero me gusta el acabado satinado. Como lo dije, una complexión iluminada me hace sentir más despierta. Para mi gusto, prefiero mejillas rositas para este efecto, Dandelion Dew de Benefit agrega una capa ligera de color con acabado satinado. Puedes darle el toque final a todo con un tono similar en los labios o de iluminador, aunque creo que el rubor es indispensable para mí en un look tan natural. 




the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.