01 October, 2016

Makeup Menu for Gloomy Days



The weather has been quite sad and gray where I live. With the days getting shorter and a bit chilly, I've tried to bring back a bit of life to my mood with a fresh-looking makeup, something that will give me a bit of glow without trying too hard. 

El clima ha estado bastante triste y gris donde vivo. Con los días más cortos y con la temperatura más baja, he tratado de traer algo de vida a mi humor con un maquillaje fresco, algo que me de un poco de iluminación sin esforzarme mucho.




It is no surprise to see that most of the things here are in my No-Makeup Menu, they're not only some of my all time favorites but also the ones that I feel like they go nicely with my skin. I've been wearing my Maybelline Pure BB Cream mostly on the centers of my face to even out my skin tone and then go over blemishes and eye bags with my beloved Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. To maintain that fresh look, I only powder around my nose and under my eyes with the H&M Perfecting Powder

As much as I try to just skip contour and go with a blush I always end up dusting even a bit of a dark shade to add a bit of warmth. MAC Harmony has that perfect tone to go light handed with it and achieve a natural sculpt. To get a natural glow on my cheeks the best choice is my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure, it is the perfect muted rosy/brown color that suits everything. 

I've been extremely simple with the eyes and just apply one of my H&M Cream Eyeshadows in either Earth Angel (brown with gold shimmer) or Champers (shimmery champagne). These two bring a lot of light to my eyes and don't take time to blend. To give myself long and voluminous lashes I've been all about the MaxFactor Masterpiece Max Mascara, I've been wearing it non stop since I received it. 

To finish things off, I define my brows with the Benefit Precisely, My Pencil and focus more on the tails, which is where I have the most bald spots. Gloomy days dry out my skin, specially my lips, so I've been giving a lot of love to my Lancôme Juicy Shaker in Piece Of Cake. If I want a more intense look I go for Good Karamel and apply about 2 layers. 


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *


No es sorpresa ver que la mayoría de las cosas que muestro aquí sean parte de mi Menú de Maquillaje Natural, no sólo son mis favoritos sino también los que sé que van bien con mi piel. He estado usando mi Pure BB Cream de Maybelline en el centro de mi rostro para igualar el tono y luego cubro imperfecciones y mis ojeras con el corrector Instant Age Rewind de Maybelline. Para mantener lo natural de la piel sólo agrego polvo en mi nariz y bajo los ojos con el Perfecting Powder de H&M.

Por más que quiera saltarme el esculpido y usar un rubor siempre termino poniéndome un poco de un tono obscuro para darle calidez a mi cara. Harmony de MAC es el tono perfecto para irte con la mano ligera y darte un esculpido suave. Para el brillo natural en mis mejillas la mejor opción es el Ambient Lighting Blush en Mood Exposure de Hourglass, es el rosa/café perfecto que queda con todo.

Con los ojos he andado bastante simple y sólo aplico una de mis Sombras en Crema de H&M, ya sea Earth Angel (un café con brillo dorado) o Champers (tono champagne brillante). Estos dos le dan mucha luz a mis ojos y se difuminan rápido. Para darme pestañas con mucho volumen y muy largas, uso la máscara Masterpiece Max de MaxFactor, no la he dejado desde que la recibí.

Para terminar con todo, defino mis cejas con Precisely, My Pencil de Benefit y me enfoco más en la parte exterior, ya que es donde tengo más huecos. Los días grises secan mucho mi piel, en especial mis labios, por eso volví a enamorarme de mi Juicy Shaker de Lancôme en Piece of Cake. Si quiero algo más intenso uso Good Karamel y me aplico 2 capas.







How do you bring life to your face on gloomy days?
¿Ustedes cómo le dan vida a su rostro en días grises?

the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.