20 November, 2015

Cold Days Nail Shades



One of my favorite things about cold weather has to be wearing dark nail polish. Although I wear them basically all year round, there's something special about this season. These are the ones that I have been wearing the most recently. 

Una de mis cosas favoritas del clima frío tiene que ser usar esmaltes obscuros. Aunque los uso durante todo el año básicamente, hay algo especial en esta temporada. Estos son los que he estado usando más últimamente.





For top coats with a very dark or very light base I like to go for Whirled Away by China Glaze, it has chunky bits of white and black confetti in different sizes. An alternative to it can be Rebel Graffiti by Revlon, it's almost the same but the particles in it are much smaller, I think I prefer this one. 

Wine and Forever by Maybelline Color Show is the perfect wine red shade for the Holiday season. It has a blue undertone and looks great with one coat, but I prefer to apply a second one for a more durable manicure. If I'm feeling like spicing up the colors, I go for a dark purple like By Design by Color Club. I've talked about this brand a lot in my blog, their formulas are great in lasting power and color payoff, besides having a very wide range of shades. 

Even though I try to avoid completely nude nail colors in this weather I like to have a somehow light shade among my polishes. To make it seasonable, I go for a sparkly or satin finish to bring light to a dark color, just like Sea Gurl from Orly. This color is great as an accent nail too, think of Urban Decay's YDK and Creep mixed together. 

But my favorite color for the cold days definitely has to be a dark navy blue. I've mentioned Incognito In Sausalito in my blog before, it's the perfect almost-black blue shade. Before this one became my favorite nail polish (yes, top of the list) my heart belonged to Up All Night by China Glaze which is a bit more of a dark electric blue, not too much on the almost-black side. 


*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *


Para capas de arriba en un esmalte muy obscuro o muy claro me gusta optar por Whirled Away de China Glaze, tiene pedazos grandes y pequeños de confetti blanco y negro. Una alternativa para el puede ser Rebel Graffiti de Revlon, es casi lo mismo pero las partículas de éste son más pequeñitas, creo que lo prefiero.

Wine and Forever de Maybelline Color Show es el rojo vino perfecto para la temporada Navideña. Tiene un tono azulado y se ve muy bien con una sola capa, aunque prefiero aplicar la segunda para un manicure más durable. Si siento que quiero agregar algo de color a mis uñas, opto por un morado obscuro como By Design de Color Club. He hablado mucho de esta marca en mi blog, sus fórmulas son buenísimas en poder de duración e intensidad del color, aparte de tener una gama grande de colores.

Aunque trate de evitar los tonos completamente nude en este clima, me gusta tener uno que sea algo claro entre mis esmaltes. Para hacerlo acorde a la temporada, me gusta usar algo con un acabado satinado o brillante para darle luz al tono obscuro, justo como Sea Gurl de Orly. Este color es perfecto para una uña de acento también, piensen en algo como YDK y Creep de Urban Decay juntos.

Pero mi color favorito para los días fríos definitivamente tiene que ser un azul marino obscuro. He mencionado Incognito In Sausalito antes en mi blog, es el tono azul casi-negro perfecto. Antes de que este se convirtiera en mi esmalte favorito (sí, primero en la lista) mi corazón pertenecía a Up All Night de China Glaze, el cual es un poco más como azul eléctrico obscuro, no tanto casi-negro.







What are your nail polish picks for this season?

¿Cuáles son sus elecciones de esmaltes es esta temporada?










the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.