31 December, 2014

New Year's Eve Party Look



This year I wanted to do something really simple with my eyes and go for a bold lipstick. I actually did the look and took the pictures but then when I saw them, it didn't really feel like something that I would wear for NYE (that and the fact that most where out of focus). I wanted something a little bit more colorful and smokey, so I went for purples and pinks.  

Este año quise hacer algo muy simple en los ojos e irme con unos labios intensos. De hecho hice el look y tomé las fotos pero cuando las vi no me parecieron algo que yo usaría para la víspera de Año Nuevo (eso y el hecho de que la mayoría estaban fuera de enfoque). Quería algo más colorido y ahumado, por lo cual opté por morados y rosas.






The eyes turned out as colorful as I wanted them to be, I popped purple mascara on my lower lashes to make them stand out more, I find that this looks much better in pictures with flash (and there will be a ton of those tonight, for sure!). The rest of the face is really simple, I focused more on perfect and highlighted skin with a little bit of contour to give it more shape. For occasions like this, I prefer my lips to be nude just because I can easily reapply lipstick if it rubs off. 

Los ojos resultaron tan coloridos como quería, le puse máscara morada a las pestañas de abajo para que resaltaran más, he notado que esto se ve mucho mejor en fotos con flash (¡y habrán muchas de esas esta noche, por supuesto!). El resto de mi cara es muy simple, me enfoqué más en la piel perfecta e iluminada con un poco de contour para darle más forma. Para ocasiones como esta, me gusta que mis labios sean nude sólo por que puedo re-aplicar el labial en caso de que se desvanezca.




Face/Rostro
- L'Oréal Infallible Foundation. 
Maybelline Eraser Concealer. 
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. 
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer. 
- Benefit Dandelion Blush. 
- MAC Soft & Gentle

Eyes/Ojos
- NYX Cake Eyebrow Powder.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked In Pink. 
- MAC Star Violet (eyelids/párpados). 
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar: Strawberry Bon Bon (crease/cuenca), Black Forest Truffle (Outer edges and lower lash line/orillas exteriores y debajo del ojo), Cherry Cordial (outermost edges/lo más afuera de las orillas), Champagne Truffle (center of the lids/centro de los párpados). 
- MAC Honeylust and Dazzlelight (Inner corners). 
- MAC Soft & Gentle (brow bones/hueso de las cejas). 
- MAC Fluidline Gel Liner Blacktrack.
- Femme Couture Monster Lash XXL Mascara. 
- Femme Couture Lightning Lash Mascara in Purple. 

Lips/Labios:
- MAC Crème D'Nude. 
Maybelline Color Show lip gloss in 565 Blushed. 










Have a Happy New Year, I wish all of you the best! 

¡Que tengan un feliz Año Nuevo, les deseo lo mejor!








the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.