03 November, 2014

Rusty For Fall



Finally the day came and this week the weather started to cool down where I live. I thought this would be the best chance to share with you a look that I've been loving, almost the opposite to the classic dark lip fall look. Here I use rusty tones to create a warm smokey eye that suits the coziest season of the year. 

Finalmente llegó el día y esta semana el clima comenzó a enfriarse donde vivo. Pensé que esta sería la mejor oportunidad para compartirles un look que me ha encantado, casi lo contrario a los clásicos labios obscuros de otoño. Aquí uso tonos oxidados para crear un ojo ahumado cálido que acompañe la temporada más acogedora del año.






For eyeshadows I used my new MAC customized palette. First, I applied Antiqued heavily all over the lids (which was my inspiration for this look) and I blended out the edges with a little bit of Salted Caramel from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar. I darkened the outer corners with the smallest amount of Mystery just to give dimension but not really show off that color; to highlight, I toned down Honey Lust with Dazzlelight and applied them to my inner corners and brow bone. To add a bit more color, I packed a little bit of Mythology on the centers of my lids with my finger, and also added Amber Lights to the inner third of the lower lash line, bringing a lot of light to the eyes. 

Para los ojos usé mi nueva paleta personalizada de MAC. Primero, apliqué Antiqued intensamente en todo el párpado (sombra que fue mi inspiración para este look) y difuminé las orillas con un poco de Salted Caramel de la Too Faced Chocolate Bar. Obscurecí el exterior de los ojos con la cantidad más pequeña de Mystery sólo con el fin de dar dimensión y no de mostrar ese color; para iluminar, aclaré Honey Lust con Dazzlelight y lo apliqué en las orillas interiores y debajo del arco de las cejas. Para un poco más de color, apliqué un poco de Mythology en el centro de los párpados con mi dedo, y agregué Amber Lights al tercio interior del área de abajo, atrayendo más luz a los ojos.





To complete the look, I did a little winged liner with Blacktrack by MAC and a lot of the Maybelline The Colossal mascara on my top and bottom lashes. I used the City Color Sunkissed Trio in Golden to bronze my face and a small amount of the blush and highlighter in there. I was also inspired by the Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Brazilian Tan for this look– the perfect nude lip with a hint of brown. 

Para completar el look, delineé mis ojos con una pequeña ala usando Blacktrack de MAC y mucha máscara The Colossal de Maybelline en las pestañas de arriba y abajo. Me bronceé el rostro con el Sunkissed Trio de City Color y usé un poquito del rubor e iluminador de ahí. También me inspiré para este look con el labial Revlon Super Lustrous en Brazilian Tan– el nude perfecto con un poco de tono café.




What do you think? Are you more into warm smokey eyes or bold lips for fall? 

¿Qué les parece? ¿Les gusta más un ojo ahumado cálido o labios intensos para otoño?








the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.