26 February, 2018

How To Create A Makeup Capsule Collection



Ever since I started watching Capsule Wardrobe series on YouTube I thought of doing the same thing but taking it to my makeup collection. In case you don't know what a Capsule Anything is, I'll give you some heads up on it and teach you a few tricks for your own.

Desde que empecé a ver series de Armarios Cápsula en YouTube pensé en hacer lo mismo pero llevándolo a mi colección de maquillaje. En caso de que no sepas qué es un Algo Cápsula, aquí te explico sobre este término y te enseño algunos trucos para hacer el tuyo.




WHAT'S A CAPSULE COLLECTION?   //   ¿QUÉ ES UNA COLECCIÓN CÁPSULA?

I have no idea where the term came from, but if you're trying to be a minimalist, I think this is the way to go. As the name suggests, a capsule is meant to keep only the essentials. Whether if it's for your wardrobe or makeup, this only holds the items that you might need more often and ready to be used. A Makeup Capsule Collection is something like the "everyday stash" that you can use to keep all your products in rotation. If you feel like you don't use all your eyeshadow palettes enough, this can be a great way to give a chance to every one of them. You can change up the products every week or month—like shopping your own collection. 

No tengo idea de dónde surgió el término, pero si buscas ser minimalista, creo que este es un buen comienzo. Como el nombre lo dice, una cápsula está hecha para sólo guardar lo esencial. Ya sea para tu armario o para maquillaje, esto sólo tiene los productos que tal vez necesites más seguido y listos para usarse. Una Colección Cápsula de Maquillaje es algo como "lo de diario" que puedes usar para mantener tus productos en rotación. Si sientes que no usas todas tus paletas de sombras lo suficiente, este puede ser un método bueno para darle oportunidad a cada una de ellas. Puedes cambiar de productos cada semana o cada mes—como ir de compras en tu propia colección. 




WHERE TO START?   //   ¿POR DÓNDE COMENZAR? 



Imagine yourself getting ready on a typical day. It can be only makeup related or you can add basic skincare here too. Pick a product for every step in your routine, make sure you try to be a bit too specific so that you don't have to go back to your collection again (and probably add more items to the capsule). 

If you're having trouble with this, keep it simple by only adding products that target your needs. If you rather have a perfect complexion, pick a base and concealer; if you like to make your eyes the focus point, pick eyeshadows and/or brow products. It's also very important that you include colors in a similar tone so that everything gets along nicely. Cool toned eyeshadows might not look as good with a very warm blush. 


Imagínate a ti mismo arreglándote en un día normal. Puede ser sólo relacionado a maquillaje o puedes agregar algo de cuidado de piel básico aquí también. Elige un producto para cada paso de tu rutina, asegúrate de ser un poco específico para que no tengas que volver a husmear en tu colección otra vez (y probablemente agarres más productos para la cápsula). 

Si se te dificulta esto, manténlo simple con sólo añadir productos que se enfoquen a tus necesidades. Si prefieres una complexión perfecta, elige una base y correcto; si te gusta que tus ojos sean el punto focal, agrega sombras y/o productos de cejas. Es también muy importante que incluyas colores en tonos similares para que todo combine bien. Las sombras en tonos fríos no se ven igual de bien con un rubor cálido. 




AN EXAMPLE   //   UN EJEMPLO 


As much as I try to use everything in my collection, I find it very hard to switch between products. It's easier to pick things when you know what you love but a bit harder to use the rest. I keep a product for every step for a complete full face of makeup even if I'm only going to wear half of that on weekdays. The rest stays in there waiting for the weekend to come. 

The products that I've been loving recently are: Benefit Porefessional Pearl Primer, NARS All Day Luminous Foundation, Benefit Dew The Hoola (to darken my base), Glossier Stretch Concealer and Wowder Powder, Wet n Wild Contouring Palette, Becca Bronzer in Maui Nights, and the Fenty Beauty Highlighter in Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal. For the eyes I have only been using the Zoeva Café Palette and my MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. I keep the Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil to fill in my brows and two mascaras (the only product that I repeat): Benefit They're Real for the daytime and Lancôme Monsieur Big for nights out. 


Por mucho que trato de usar todo en mi colección, se vuelve complicado intercambiar productos. Es más fácil elegir las cosas cuando sabes qué te gusta pero más difícil usar lo demás. Mantengo un producto para cada paso en una rutina de maquillaje completa aunque entre semana sólo vaya a usar la mitad de eso. El resto se queda ahí esperando a que llegue el fin de semana. 

Los productos que me han gustado mucho últimamente son: Benefit Porefessional Pearl Primer, NARS All Day Luminous Foundation, Benefit Dew The Hoola (para obscurecer mi base), Glossier Stretch Concealer y Wowder Powder, Wet n Wild Contouring Palette, Becca Bronzer en Maui Nights, y el Fenty Beauty Highlighter en Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal. Para los ojos sólo he estado usando la paleta Café de Zoeva y mi Paint Pot de MAC en Soft Ochre. Tengo aquí también el lápiz de cejas Goof Proof de Benefit para rellenarlas y dos máscaras de pestañas (el único producto que repito): They're Real de Benefit para el día y Monsieur Big de Lancôme para la noche. 




ADD AT LEAST TWO SKINCARE PRODUCTS
//
AGREGA POR LO MENOS DOS PRODUCTOS DE CUIDADO DE PIEL


I don't bother much with skincare unless I'm having problems with a certain area or such things. Most of the days I find myself using the same products even if they're not sitting on my Capsule. I normally keep things on the safe side and rotate a skincare product probably once a month. What I have used the most lately is the Glossier Super Pure serum every night to keep my skin even and free of spots. In the mornings I use the Clarins Hydra Essentiel Bi-Serum to hydrate my skin and keep it glowy all day—this product is amazing! I ran out of my favorite night cream so at the moment I'm using the same for the daytime, the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer and finish things off with my beloved It's Potent Eye Cream by Benefit, which I use day and night too. 

No me preocupo mucho con el cuidado de piel al menos de que esté teniendo problemas con cierta área o algo por el estilo. La mayoría de las veces me doy cuenta que uso los mismos productos aunque no estén en la Cápsula. Normalmente dejo todo del lado seguro y cambio probablemente un producto al mes. Lo que he estado usando mucho últimamente es el Suero Super Pure de Glossier cada noche para mantener mi piel nivelada y libre de espinillas. En las mañanas uso el Hydra Essentiel Bi-Serum de Clarins para hidratar la piel y dejarla súper luminosa todo el día—¡este producto es increíble! Se me acabó mi crema de noche y he estado usando la misma que en el día, Hydro Boost de Neutrógena y después termino todo con mi amada crema de ojos It's Potent de Benefit, la cual uso de día y de noche. 




the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.