04 November, 2015

Recent Purchases



In the past month I did a few online purchases that finally arrived and I couldn't wait to try them out. The most exciting part was that I was getting home from a little makeup shopping spree when the postman arrived, perfect timing! 

En el mes pasado hice unas compras en línea que por fin llegaron y no podía esperar más para probarlas. Lo más emocionante fue que yo venía llegando a mi casa de haber comprado algo de maquillaje cuando el cartero llegaba, ¡sincronización perfecta!





Too Faced Born This Way Foundation: 
As soon as I heard that this was back in stock I went to get it. The finish in this foundation is 99% skin-like in my opinion. It doesn't feel dry but you're not left with obvious signs of wearing foundation either. It's very smoothing and blurs most of the imperfections, also very long wearing. 

Tan pronto escuché que habían traído más de éstas corrí por la mía. El acabado en esta base es 99% como la piel en mi opinión. No se siente seca pero tampoco te deja rastros obvios de que llevas puesta una base. Es muy suave y difumina casi todas las imperfecciones, también dura mucho puesta.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: 
I purchased this mascara for all the rave I had seen around about it. It's not my favorite yet but it definitely gives a lot of volume to my lashes, I think it's because of the shape of the wand. I don't think it adds as much length as my Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara but I've been liking BTS for an everyday look. 

Compré esta máscara por todo el asombro que vi por internet acerca de ella. No es mi favorita aún pero definitivamente le da mucho volumen a mis pestañas, creo que es por la forma de la brocha. No creo que dé tanta longitud como mi máscara Lights, Camera, Lashes de Tarte pero BTS me gusta más para usarla de diario.


Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder: 
A while ago I did an ASOS order and got to finally try Bourjois. I had also seen great reviews about some products and my first pick was the Healthy Balance Powder. I got the shade Vanilla and I've been loving it to set small areas of my face. I've been trying not to powder too much these days but I find that this one doesn't leave the areas dry at all. 

Hace poco compré unas cosas en ASOS y por fin pude probar Bourjois. Ya había visto reseñas muy buenas de algunos productos y mi primera elección fue el Healthy Balance Powder. Compré el tono Vainilla y me encanta usarlo para fijar áreas pequeñas en el rostro. He estado no tratando de usar mucho polvo estos días pero siento que este no deja la piel seca para nada.


Bourjois Cream Blush in Tropical Coral:
To combat the dryness in my skin during the next months, I thought I would give this product a try since I only had one cream blush in my collection. The texture is amazing, it comes as a cream and as you apply it turns into powder, blending completely into the skin. This shade is a bit more on the bronzy side so it's great to give a natural glowy warmth to the skin. 

Para combatir la piel seca durante los próximos meses, pensé que sería bueno darle una prueba a este producto ya que sólo tengo un rubor en crema en mi colección. La textura es buenísima, viene en forma de crema pero mientras lo aplicas se convierte en polvo, difuminándose por completo en la piel. Este tono es más bronceado por lo que sirve para darle calidez e iluminación naturales a la piel.


Bourjois Blush in Rose Ambré:
To be honest, I purchased this one because of the packaging shown in the ASOS website, which looked a little vintage (apparently a Limited Edition packaging). Sadly, the product arrived as a normal blush but the good news is that I really loved the color and texture. It's a dark muted pink, perfect for autumn looks. It's very pigmented so I try to apply as little as I can with a duo-fiber brush. 

Para ser honesta, compré este rubor por el empaque que mostraba ASOS en su página, el cual lucía algo vintage (aparentemente era una edición limitada). Tristemente, el producto llegó como un rubor normal pero las buenas noticias es que me gustó mucho el color y la textura. Es un rosa palo obscuro perfecto para looks de otoño. Está muy pigmentado así que trato de aplicar tan poco como pueda con una brocha de doble fibra.


Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Olé Flamingo!:  
You can tell that my Bourjois purchases were very influenced by raved products and this was not an exception. I've seen a lot of my favorite bloggers talk about the Rouge Edition Velvets and I couldn't wait to give them a try. This one is a raspberry shade, I feel like it's one of those colors that you can wear all year round. As you may know, the formula goes matte as you apply it. The best thing is that it feels almost like a balm after it dries and it never ever wears off. 

Pueden ver que mis compras de Bourjois fueron muy influenciadas por productos que han sido muy mencionados y este no fue una excepción. He visto a muchas de mis bloggers favoritas hablar de los Rouge Edition Velvets y no podía esperar para probar uno. Este es un tono frambuesa, siento que es de esos colores que puedes usar todo el año. Como sabrán, la fórmula se vuelve matte cuando la aplicas. Lo mejor es que se siente casi como un bálsamo después de que se seca y jamás se desvanece.


Clinique Pop Lip Color + Primer in Cherry Pop: 
I initially went to get Plum Pop but in the end I chose Cherry Pop. These lipsticks are becoming my favorite and it's just not because of the flawless packaging. The finish is perfect for dry lips like mine and the color pay-off is just as good, leaving a little stain after they wear off. This shade has a little bit of a blue undertone, I think those colors suit me really nicely. 

Inicialmente iba por Plum Pop pero al final me decidí por Cherry Pop. Estos labiales se están convirtiendo en mis favoritos y no sólo por el empaque bonito. El acabado es perfecto para labios secos como los míos y la pigmentación es igual de buena, dejando color atrás cuando se desvanecen. Este color tiene un poco de tono azulado, creo que esos son los que mejor me van.


+ Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk:  
I mentioned this one on my last Weekly Diary. I was able to get it from eBay and I've been loving to wear it with MAC Cranberry. I think this is a staple for the season, the burgundy tones and the light shimmer make it beautiful enough to be worn by itself for the daytime or pack it with deeper toned eyeshadows for a smokey look. Just like the other Color Tattoos, it's very long lasting and works great as a primer. 

Mencioné esta en mi Weekly Diary anterior. Pude conseguirla de eBay y ahora amo usarla con Cranberry de MAC. Creo que esta sombra es indispensable para la temporada, los tonos vino y el acabado brillante la hacen bonita para usarse sola en el día o empacarla con sombras más obscuras para un look más ahumado. Igual que las otras Color Tattoos, tiene larga duración y funciona muy bien como primer.








Have you tried any of these products? What have you purchased lately?

¿Han probado alguno de estos productos? ¿Qué han comprado últimamente?










the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.