07 May, 2015

A Little Charlotte Tilbury Treat



It was a while ago when I discovered Charlotte Tilbury through the talented Lisa Eldridge when she was featured in a video on her YouTube channel. Ever since, I have quite a fan of her work, so when she came out with her own makeup brand I knew that I had to get my hands on it. A hundred years later, I finally joined the CT party with a few products. 

Fue hace ya un tiempo que descubrí a Charlotte Tilbury por medio de la talentosa Lisa Eldridge cuando fue invitada en uno de sus videos de su canal en YouTube. Desde ahí, me he convertido en una fanática de su trabajo, así que cuando sacó su propia marca de maquillaje supe que tenía que poner mis manos en ella. Cien años después, por fin me uní a la fiesta de CT con algunos productos.






Filmstar Bronze & Glow

First product that caught my attention back then. Packaging is definitely key on this one. Something I love in general from her bran is that everything looks glamorous and well designed. Aside from the rose gold and vintage style packaging, this product works as beautifully as it looks. The Sculpt shade has a slight sheen to it, but nothing sparkly. I find that this brings light to the face without illuminating, if that makes sense. The Highlight shade is a beautiful champagne color that will suit for day and night. 

El primer producto que atrajo mi atención en aquel tiempo. El empaque es sin dudas la llave en este. Algo que amo en general de su marca es que todo luce muy glamoroso y bien diseñado. Aparte del empaque dorado rosado y el estilo vintage, este producto funciona tan bello como se ve. La sombra de Sculpt tiene un poco de lustre, pero nada brillante. Me doy cuenta que esto le da luz al rostro sin iluminarlo, si es que esto suena lógico. La sombra de Highlight es un color champagne muy lindo que combina para día y noche.




The Golden Goddess 

I wanted to get two eyeshadow palettes. The neutral pick was the toughest because I had to decide between this one and The Dolce Vita – one that has been raved about a lot. After a good hour of thinking it over and over, the colors in The Golden Goddess looked more like something I'd normally wear and still not the same as something I already own. The Pop shade was the most attractive eyeshadow in this palette, and I have to say I'm really impressed by the texture. It's so unusual but I'm liking it a lot, the formula is super blendable as well. 

Quería comprar dos paletas de sombras. La elección neutral fue la más difícil porque tuve que decidir entre esta y The Dolce Vita – una que ha sido alabada mucho. Después de una buena hora de pensarlo, los colores en The Golden Goddess lucían más como algo que usaría normalmente y aún así sin parecerse a algo que ya tuviera. La sombra Pop fue lo más atractivo de esta paleta, y tengo que decir que estoy muy impresionada con la textura. Es muy inusual pero me ha gustado mucho, la fórmula es fácil de difuminar.




The Vintage Vamp 

The easiest pick for a more fun palette. If I'm feeling a little glamorous for a night out I will most definitely pop out some burgundy either on my eyes or lips. I haven't properly worn these eyeshadows (other than endless hand swatching) and I'm already looking forward to the weekend to create a smokey eye with dark lips even though it's spring/summer. The Enhance shade reminds me a bit of Amaretto from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, although not exactly the same. I love the contrast of the Pop shade against those warm tones, it would look beautiful on the center of the lids and/or inner corners of the eyes. 

La elección más fácil de una paleta más divertida. Si me siento un poco glamorosa para salir en la noche, es muy probable que saque algo burgundy en mis ojos o labios. No he usado bien estas sombras (aparte de pruebas infinitas en la mano) y ya estoy ansiosa por el fin de semana para crear un smokey eye con labios obscuros a pesar de que sea primavera/verano. La sombra Enhance me recuerda un poco a Amaretto de la Too Faced Chocolate Bar, aunque no exactamente lo mismo. Me encanta el contraste de la sombra Pop ante los tonos cálidos, se vería muy linda en el centro de los párpados o/y en el área de los lagrimales.



All in all, these products are a total win for me. I always appreciate when brands invest a little more on packaging design, not to mention the amazing quality of the product itself. After seeing a lot of her work, I've realized that all of it is reflected in her brand, so good that they almost make me feel like a professional. I'm absolutely hooked, I'm sure there will be more CT purchases in the near future. 

Dentro de todo, estos productos son una ganancia total para mí. Siempre aprecio cuando las marcas le invierten un poco más al diseño de empaque, sin mencionar la estupenda calidad del producto en sí. Después de ver mucho de su trabajo me doy cuenta de que todo eso se refleja en su marca, tan buena que hasta me llego a sentir como una profesional. Estoy absolutamente enganchada, estoy segura de que habrán más compras de CT en un futuro cercano.






Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts on CT?

¿Han probado alguno de estos productos? ¿Qué opinan de CT?












the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.