28 March, 2015

Seasonal Nail Polish



The weather has finally started to warm up for good around here and the days are becoming brighter with sunshine, without a doubt it means that it's time to change the colors in my nails. I love the contrast of colors and their intensity between winter and spring, even though I tend to cheat every now and then and wear pastels on a cold weather and viceversa. 

El clima por fin ha comenzado a calentarse ya bien por aquí y los días han estado más brillantes con la luz del sol, sin duda esto significa que es tiempo de cambiar los colores en mis uñas. Me encanta el contraste de colores y su intensidad entre el invierno y la primavera, a pesar de que suelo hacer trampa y de vez en cuando uso pasteles en clima frío y viceversa.





La Petite-Mint Sieur - Color Club

This gorgeous minty green is perfect if you like an obvious pop of color on your nails but not harsh enough to look like a neon. A pastel green is the ultimate spring color, in my opinion. I love this one from Color Club, their nail polishes dry so fast and last for a long time without chipping off.

Este lindo verde menta es perfecto si te gusta llevar algo de color obvio en tus uñas pero no tan fuerte como para parecer neón. En mi opinión, el verde pastel es ideal para primavera. Me gusta este de Color Club, sus esmaltes se secan muy rápido y duran mucho tiempo sin descarapelarse.




Sweet Hook - China Glaze

If I'm not feeling adventurous with the pop of color, something like a lilac pastel will always be the best choice. This nail polish in particular is my favorite one so far. It has a very light blue undertone and the formula is not that thick so it doesn't look like you're wearing acrylic paint on your nails. 

Si no me siento muy aventurada con el color en las uñas. algo como un lila pastel siempre será la mejor opción. Este esmalte en particular es mi favorito hasta ahora. Tiene un tono azul muy suave y la fórmula no es tan gruesa por lo que no parece que trajeras pintura acrílica en las uñas.




My Vampire Is Buff - OPI

Ever since I purchased my first OPI nail polish (I don't know why it took me ages to do so) I've managed to make my collection grow rather fast. Like every beginner, I play it safe with only neutral colors that I know will always look great. I really love this beige nail polish but I have to be careful with the edges because the formula seems to be a little too opaque for a nude. 

Desde mi primera compra de un esmalte OPI (no sé por qué me tomó tanto tiempo) me he encargado de que mi colección crezca algo rápido. Como cualquier principiante, la juego fácil con sólo colores neutrales que siempre se verán bien. Me gusta mucho ese esmalte beige pero tengo que ser muy cuidadosa con las orillas ya que la fórmula parece ser un poco de más opaca como para un nude.




Sweet Heart - OPI

This lovely pastel pink is one of those colors that I know I would repurchase over and over again. It's a fail proof nude pink that kind of falls in the category of a your-nails-but-better type of nail polish. The formula is a little sheer so I normally go with 2 or 3 coats. I have a nail art video using Sweet Heart as my base color, you can check it out here

Este lindo rosa pastel es uno de esos colores que sé que volvería a comprar una y otra vez. Es un rosa pálido a prueba de todo que más o menos cae en la categoría tu-uñas-pero-mejor del tipo de esmaltes. La fórmula no es muy opaca por lo que normalmente me voy con 2 ó 3 capas. Tengo un video de nail art usando Sweet Heart como mi color de base, pueden verlo aquí.







What are your favorite nail polishes for this Spring? 

¿Cuáles son sus esmaltes favoritos para esta primavera?








the 'gram

© Noirette Diary.